TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default <<<BEST LS1 CAM PT.2>>>

narrowed down between....
->XE-R 232/236 .595/.602 114lsa +1advance
->g5-x2 232/240 .595/.608
->TSP 233/237 .598/.603
->F-14 232/234 .598/.598 112 OR 114 LSA
->TSP 25MS3 MAGIC STICK 237/242 .603/.609 113(CLEARS STOCK PISTONS WITH STOCK HEADS)

let me know what you all think...
Old 08-28-2005, 01:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, you asked the typical "what cam" question and got SEVEN PAGES, I don't know what else we can tell you.

What really baffles me is that the F13 isn't even on this list.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for the stating obvious
Old 08-28-2005, 04:56 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Fm14-but Im Bias
Old 08-28-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Junkie

perhaps you pick up a book and learn exactly what all of the aspects of a cam do, then make your own decision based on your desires? is everyone allergic to LEARNING? wtf?
Old 08-28-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Addict

even if he did grab a book, im sure that he would just be more confused. There are so many different scenarios and factors that when trying to figure out your BEST cam for your application, that you'll just end up lost!!!

Now, if you already started another thread and got seven pages, AND you still havent decided than, instead o starting another, just ask the same question in that thread. Makes the members here lot happier when your not wasting their time with another thread!!

Now, a cam is the governing factor of your engine. It dictates the amount of air in/out, how aggressive the lopes open, how much oerlap ther is on a specific grind...etc. If you want to know your ultimate cam, which i think its like NOS, you'll just want more! Anyways, you must FIRS decide wat you want to do with your application. N/A? NOS? FI? whatever!! that is your first step.

THAN, look at the different governing factors. FI cams for example, also depnding on what kind either supercharger or turbo, will like more intake duration or exhaust depending on your application. Also, they probably wont like to much overlap because to much boost will be lost.

Also, for example, a cam with a 108lsa compared to a 114lsa will be more lopy and less srip friendly. BUT (any this is the big kicker..more on that ...) would produce more power due to the suction created, thus an increase of air flow. BUT, not to much than you'll loose to much GOOD air.

...Now, a cam choice is also like solving a riddle. OR better put, you must know that if you add more of something, you'll have gains AND looses. You have to find a comfort point, where you can be comfortable with.

Now, search and research your *** off...it will pay of when you are able to be involved in a conversation with a little bit of know-how. Alos, look at the dyno section and see wat cams people are running with wat ever mods and notice there curves. (very important!!) Its all a few key strokes away...

Good Luck!!!!
Old 08-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't waste my time reading the other thread as it was too damn long and I am sure someone already made the reply I am going to make.
There is no such thing as the best LS1 cam.
That is why we have so many different cams.
If there was 1 clear best cam for the LS1 then guess how many cams would be available.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Search for "Cam Discussion"

Seriously, you need to start using the search button. These threads are starting to resemble spam
Old 08-28-2005, 07:13 PM
TECH Resident

oh sorry i didnt know what these threads were for... i guess a mod should go ahead and delete this thread cuz yall are bein *********
Old 08-28-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Junkie

not trying to be dicks. Even offered to let you stop by and check out my set up. Just do your research. The cam discussion threads contain a lot of valuable information that will help you make an informed decision.

good luck!
Old 08-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by infiniti racing
oh sorry i didnt know what these threads were for... i guess a mod should go ahead and delete this thread cuz yall are bein *********

Let me be the ******** and ask you some things.
How in the hell are we supposed to suggest the best cam when we dont know what your goals are?
How can one oponion be better then the other? All the cams you listed work, they all work well. They all have similar power bands and similar driving behaveour. Are you planning on adding heads later, if so which ones? Do you plan to flycut when adding those heads? That is a major factor when planning your cam.
Do you have a A4 or M6?
Where do you want to shift the car at?
What springs are you going to use?
I could keep going but I think you get the point.
It gets old reading the same damn cam thread's over and over trying to help people out when they 1 dont search before posting.
2 dont provide their goals.
3 dont tell us what setup they run.
Hell you could have stock exhaust for all I know and none of these cams would be the best for you, but unless you provide that info how would I know?

BTW use the search and check out the dyno section.
The cams listed are only 5 of the 10 most used cams on the market.

Mr dick is done.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

T-rex.

So, why isn't the F13 on your list? Or IN YOUR CAR? I thought you HAD to make a decision and install a cam by this weekend, and consensus pretty much agreed to just stick an F13 in there......

This is seriously rediculous. We already went SEVEN PAGES with your cam discussion and you start another thread with NO information provided, no link to the old thread, and new choices vs the old thread. If everybody who put a cam in their LS1 started a 7 page thread I'd stop using this section, but ANOTHER thread on top of that?!?! Whole new level of . (This is probably the second or third time I have EVER used that smiley, btw)

Last edited by blkZ28spt; 08-28-2005 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
Mr dick is done.

Old 08-28-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea stop posting your "best ls1 cam" "best ls1 cam pt 2" threads. . . search and read. this is getting annoying. . .
Old 08-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by obZidian
even if he did grab a book, im sure that he would just be more confused. There are so many different scenarios and factors that when trying to figure out your BEST cam for your application, that you'll just end up lost!!!

Now, if you already started another thread and got seven pages, AND you still havent decided than, instead o starting another, just ask the same question in that thread. Makes the members here lot happier when your not wasting their time with another thread!!

Now, a cam is the governing factor of your engine. It dictates the amount of air in/out, how aggressive the lopes open, how much oerlap ther is on a specific grind...etc. If you want to know your ultimate cam, which i think its like NOS, you'll just want more! Anyways, you must FIRS decide wat you want to do with your application. N/A? NOS? FI? whatever!! that is your first step.

THAN, look at the different governing factors. FI cams for example, also depnding on what kind either supercharger or turbo, will like more intake duration or exhaust depending on your application. Also, they probably wont like to much overlap because to much boost will be lost.

Also, for example, a cam with a 108lsa compared to a 114lsa will be more lopy and less srip friendly. BUT (any this is the big kicker..more on that ...) would produce more power due to the suction created, thus an increase of air flow. BUT, not to much than you'll loose to much GOOD air.

...Now, a cam choice is also like solving a riddle. OR better put, you must know that if you add more of something, you'll have gains AND looses. You have to find a comfort point, where you can be comfortable with.

Now, search and research your *** off...it will pay of when you are able to be involved in a conversation with a little bit of know-how. Alos, look at the dyno section and see wat cams people are running with wat ever mods and notice there curves. (very important!!) Its all a few key strokes away...

Good Luck!!!!

i cant believe you typed all that!!!

bro seriously just throw an f13 in ur car and call it a day
Old 08-28-2005, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

the stock cam is the best .... i love mine...its under my bed...
Old 08-28-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Casperws6
yea stop posting your "best ls1 cam" "best ls1 cam pt 2" threads. . . search and read. this is getting annoying. . .
then dont waste your time ready, unless someone is forcing you too
Old 08-28-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

2002 ss camaro, lid, kooks, offroad y, cutout/slp loudmouth... t56 w/ mcleod twin disk, full suspension, moser 12bolt... i want the most hp with this setup for a daily driver...
Old 08-29-2005, 12:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by infiniti racing
2002 ss camaro, lid, kooks, offroad y, cutout/slp loudmouth... t56 w/ mcleod twin disk, full suspension, moser 12bolt... i want the most hp with this setup for a daily driver...
Most horspower? Daily driver as in it will start, run, not die and get you where you are going?

T-rex with a good tune, 4.33's and rev to at least 6800 probably more like 7k if you want to get most of it's potential.

And yes, that is a 100% legitimate answer to the question.

(PS: I'd change the exhasut to avoid having it sound like , if you havn't noticed the rasp yet)

If you are willing to give up on the "most horsepower" for better street manners get the S cam, MS3, G5X3 or 4, etc. I can't believe you have about 8 pages and still can't narrow it down at all.

Last edited by blkZ28spt; 08-29-2005 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Junkie

for daily driver i vote g5x3 - 114 lsa. excellent numbers, beautiful curve, and very streetable.