Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil coming out of the exhaust tips?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check your oil return from the blower. I had a N/A motor that was turboed and the oil backed up and leaked from the seals into the intake and was pouring out the exhaust. Found out that the oil line was kinked a little bit and couldnt drain right
Old 10-04-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn man, can you lemon law it?
Old 10-04-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

mine blew smoke bad and i had a bad piston i guess you can do a compression leak down test i did mine and boom!! #5 took a **** got the heads off and boom!!! it had a quater inch hole on the side my car threw miss fire codes also and smoke and oil leak out of my turbo bad i lost 2 quarts driving it 4miles to trailor it good luck

P.S if the car was bought like that i will see that guy face to face and see what is really the dam deal!!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Resident

Like others have said, if you are 100% positive it is oil do a compression check. Compression should be up around 150 psi or more on each cylinder. Also shouldn't have more than 10% variation from cylinder to cylinder. If you do have a weak cylinder take some clean motor oil and squirt it down in the spark plug hole and check it again. If your readings go up you have bad rings. If they stay close to the same you have eithor a hole in a piston or a bad valve job which will not cause the oil consumption. Pull the TB off and see just how much oil is in intake. One person mentioned the kink in the oil line, and it has me thinking. Not sure if the blower your friend uses is a sealed gearbox or if it uses engine oil, but more than once I've heard of the oil seals going out of a blower/turbo and causing massive oil consumption problems. Gotta start simple here and work towards the worst.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

The blower dosent have a return line, it is self contained. We have called the guy that it was bought from and he will not return the phone call. we will tear into it this weekend and see what is up. Either way it dosent look good. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Angry

Originally Posted by silverbeast
The blower dosent have a return line, it is self contained. We have called the guy that it was bought from and he will not return the phone call. we will tear into it this weekend and see what is up. Either way it dosent look good. Thanks for the help guys.
That really sucks ! What a Low Life ! He knew that car was Fucked up And now your poor buddy's gotta dump big $$$ into It. You and your Friend should Go to his house and get your Money back. Go there and raise some Hell ! The guy is a thief to do that to someone !
Old 10-07-2005, 04:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

We really dont know whats up with him yet, but maybe we can contact him this weekend. I have a feeling it will be one of those horror stories you read about on the internet. But i hope not.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Damn man, thats rough, I would just go back witht he car and try to talk to the guy, see if he will give you some of the money you paid him back, maybe like a grand or two, since the enigne probably needs to be rebuilt. If he refuses to give any money back and you didnt sign an agreement to waive the lemon law then by all means take him to court and have your buddy get all his money back.

Quick Reply: oil coming out of the exhaust tips?