Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car didn't want to start right away

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car didn't want to start right away

i was going to lunch, got in the car and turned the key but the car didn't start right up.

my ses light is on and got it scanned at autozone. threw a P0704 code which has to do with the clutch pedal switch. would that have caused it not to start right up? i had to try 3 times for it to start. even the third time, i had the key turned and the car started after about 1 second, not right away.

-------
DTC P0704

The Clutch Pedal Position Switch is a normally closed switch. The PCM applies a voltage (B+) to the Clutch Pedal Position Switch circuit. When the Clutch Pedal Position Switch is depressed (clutch pedal released) the circuit is open and the PCM senses a high voltage. When the Clutch Pedal Position Switch is released (clutch pedal depressed) the Clutch Pedal Position Switch contacts close, causing the applied voltage to go low. The powertrain control module (PCM) receives an ignition voltage on the clutch switch circuit when the clutch switch is closed. The PCM receives 0 voltage on the clutch switch circuit when the clutch switch is open.

The PCM determines if the Clutch Pedal Position Switch has failed by not sensing a clutch switch transition. The PCM monitors vehicle speed from 0 to a predetermined speed. This DTC determines if the transmission clutch switch has failed by monitoring for a clutch switch transition within a range from 0-38 km/h (0-24 mph).
---------
Old 10-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure, why not.. The interlock (can't start the car w/o the clutch depressed) sounds like it kept the motor from turning over.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

replace the switch!!

fuerzaws6