Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car wont start after cam installl

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i think i have the answer

actually you can line up the cam and crnk dot to dot but not have the number 1 piston at TDC i think that syour issue if thats not at top dead center when u lined up dot to dot then your 180 degrees away because dont forget the cam spins half of the crank per revolution. so take th ecover off and thenreadjust your cam with no 1 piston at tdc no 1 is the first one right side looking at the engine. try it and let me know Mark
Old 11-18-2005, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any updates? this sux, mine fired up 1st twist. runs so bad can't drive it.
my SS is parked pending an answer.. +8 months now....
(atleast you are getting responses. I didn't get that, even with offers of cash!!)
Old 11-18-2005, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the same type of dual-adjustable timing set... I advanced my cam +2 (it already had +1). Was there any damage??? I am SUPER interested in your results with that cam.....

GOOD LUCK!
Old 11-19-2005, 05:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This setup looks very similar to the Rollmaster. The cam does NOT move. You can move these sprockets around all day and if you don't move the crank in relation to the cam the timing has NOT changed. If you use a keyway other than the standard keyway the crankshaft MUST be rotated a minute amount in order to achieve the advance or retard function you desire. If you select a keyway other than standard you will find that the crank has to be rotated slightly either CW or CCW depending on whether you choose to advance or retard your timing or else the sprockets and chain will not align. Just moving the sprockets around does NOT change timing. Only changing the relationship between the crank and cam accomplishes that by turning the crank a few degrees CW or CCW and keeping the cam dot at 6 o'clock. You rotate one or the other, not both. This method rotates the crank as does the Rollmaster while other methods rotate the cam. If the cam is moved the crank must remain stationary during the process. Conversely if the crank is rotated the cam must not move.