Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New setup, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New setup, what do you think?

Well, I just ordered my new setup (shortblock) and here's the damage....

Combination Motorsports 402 LS2
New LS2 block
Eagle Forged LS1 Crank 4" Stroke
Callies Compstar LS1 Rods
Mahle Pistons
Mahle Plasma-Moly Piston Rings
Clevite H series Cam, Rod, Main Bearings
ARP Main Stud Kit
Balanced & Blueprinted with Build sheets

It hurts the ol' pocket book, but you gotta do what you gotta do Next up on my list is heads.....
Old 11-30-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That sounds nice! So what happened exactly with your old setup? I don't think I've seen any updates to the damage, and what happened! I'm very curious to hear. What heads were you running before your previous engine died? What did the cam look like?

Otherwise, this new setup sounds kick. Good luck!

Adrian
Old 11-30-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like she'll be a beast when finished Some AFR's would go nice with that setup. What intake are you going to run?
Old 11-30-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Adrian - MY old setup is still under investigation I am having things examined right now and will see what really went wrong, but it's dead for sure. I was running, well, ran for 10 mins PRC Stage 3 5.3l heads. I haven't pulled the cam out yet, so I don't know what that looks like. Thanks for the support, I can't wait for this to come together.

conan - Thanks dude! I'm not sure on the heads, there are A LOT of choices, AFR 225's would be nice, some Darts would work too, etc, that's on the list of things to work out still. If I have enough money I will go 90/90 and shoot to crack 500rwhp, if money is short with all the little crap, the LS6 intake will be going on it and I will be happy with 470rwhp.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Orange Peel
Adrian - MY old setup is still under investigation I am having things examined right now and will see what really went wrong, but it's dead for sure. I was running, well, ran for 10 mins PRC Stage 3 5.3l heads. I haven't pulled the cam out yet, so I don't know what that looks like. Thanks for the support, I can't wait for this to come together.

conan - Thanks dude! I'm not sure on the heads, there are A LOT of choices, AFR 225's would be nice, some Darts would work too, etc, that's on the list of things to work out still. If I have enough money I will go 90/90 and shoot to crack 500rwhp, if money is short with all the little crap, the LS6 intake will be going on it and I will be happy with 470rwhp.
Good luck with the new setup. I'm sure you wont be dissapointed with the final product.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like its gonna be one stout biatch. Good choices on everything you've gotten for it, keep us informed on it!
Old 11-30-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys, I wish this stuff wasn't so much money
Old 12-12-2005, 10:00 AM
TECH Resident

I was sorry to hear about your bottom end man, it sounded like a real sweet setup I was anxious to see what it would make. Let us know what goes down on the 402. I'm planning a setup like that for myself after my I get my turbo **** sorted out on my busa.
Just curious, what did it run ya?