Sponsored by:

Will it go 650 RWHP N/A

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kumar75150
if u hit 600 putting this thing together yourself, ill ship u a box of cookies
600 through a 4L80 will be a feat in itself.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"myself"............it wouldn't start when I was done.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
Its a big heavy sucker isn't it? I was told by a tranny shop here in town that builds them that its 60 pounds heavier than a 4L60E. My FLP tranny wouldn't live through a engine like this, plus the 250-300 progressively controlled shot I want to spray it with.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
With an engine build like I'm talking about, how much of an increase in HP does a solid roller cam give as opposed to a comparable hydraulic cam, all else being left the same?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Quickin
With an engine build like I'm talking about, how much of an increase in HP does a solid roller cam give as opposed to a comparable hydraulic cam, all else being left the same?
All else cant be the same so you cant isolate it like that. You can run higher pressure springs, you will lose less through lifters not compressing etc etc. It aint one of those things you can isolate by itself.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
All else cant be the same so you cant isolate it like that. You can run higher pressure springs, you will lose less through lifters not compressing etc etc. It aint one of those things you can isolate by itself.
Well, lets say I go all out and get as much HP as possible with a hydraulic cammed engine.......then I just switch the parts that need to be switched to go solid roller, whatever those parts may be, what will be the increase in HP?

Is there a rule-of-thumb or general % that a solid cammed engine would pick up in HP?
Old 12-12-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, lets say I go all out and get as much HP as possible with a hydraulic cammed engine.......then I just switch the parts that need to be switched to go solid roller, whatever those parts may be, what will be the increase in HP?

Is there a rule-of-thumb or general % that a solid cammed engine would pick up in HP?
Well, the some big cube SR motors I've seen posted on here can get @600rwhp, with factory cast heads. I remember one in particular was running an auto. Though I doubt they were very streetable. With a set of ETP's you could maybe get close, but who knows cause I don't think it's been tried yet. If you could get 650, then that means an M6 would be closing in on 700. Not sure how realistic that is. Still waiting to see what ETP heads do on a stroker with any setup. But as freaking fast as your car would be, I wouldn't even worry about a dyno number. But make sure you post up when it's done!
Old 12-15-2005, 05:57 PM
TECH Veteran

I won't be doing the work, a shop will.

But I don't see why I can't gain another 120 RWHP to put me over 600 RWHP.

I mean, I still have a stock TB, LS1 heads (not even LS6 heads), a tiny cam and 11:1 compression.

I think 600+ is a given, even through the 4L80E.

So, make it a box of Chocalate Chip w/Macadamia's
Old 12-15-2005, 11:37 PM
Banned

Solid roller motors are a lot of work. No offense, but you seem like more of the have someone build and install and you drive it. A solid roller motor will take a bit more attention with valve lash, be a lot noisier, and in general a lot of people prefer to toot around in hydraulic rollers.

Another thing too, area under the curve is far better than peak numbers. Look at the 400 rwhp cars running bottom tens. It's the combo, not the peaks.

Nate
Old 12-16-2005, 01:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Nate_Taufer
Solid roller motors are a lot of work. No offense, but you seem like more of the have someone build and install and you drive it. A solid roller motor will take a bit more attention with valve lash, be a lot noisier, and in general a lot of people prefer to toot around in hydraulic rollers.

Another thing too, area under the curve is far better than peak numbers. Look at the 400 rwhp cars running bottom tens. It's the combo, not the peaks.

Nate
Yes, I have a life away from being a master engine builder, I am the guy that has a shop build my engine/car, and I just drive it. If it weren't for guys like me there wouldn't be any sponsors on this board and our sport/hobby would be complete 100% ****, because there would be no money and/or research going into projects like mine and others.

PLEASE, lets not get into a "if you don't build it you shouldn't have it thread", because thats total bullshit. We are the majority in motorsports and we are the reason this sport/hobby is where it is today, period. If we all tried to build our own engines this whole performance thing would be a joke. We'd still be stuck in the high 11's.

So.............area under the curve isn't what I want. I want high RPM's to do runs from 50-150+mph, thats all about high rpm's and making massive power. I may ask alot of questions, but when it comes to build something I'll go all out.

There's nothing wrong with going solid roller if the car will be a weekend warrior. I can learn how to adjust the bastard or I'll have someone do it.

What car is running low 10's with 400 RWHP?
Old 12-16-2005, 06:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Hey man, why don't you ring up a place like LG or Katech who build engines for high rpm and speeds and let them develop a package for you. Maybe you could reach your goals with a hydraulic motor, who knows? As you know, most people here are in the drag racing mindset, and not too many build a engine set up for what you want it for.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Hey man, why don't you ring up a place like LG or Katech who build engines for high rpm and speeds and let them develop a package for you. Maybe you could reach your goals with a hydraulic motor, who knows? As you know, most people here are in the drag racing mindset, and not too many build a engine set up for what you want it for.
I will, its all about research I guess.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:30 PM
TECH Junkie

I will, its all about research I guess.
Just let me know what you do so I can copy it down the road someday
Old 12-16-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Just let me know what you do so I can copy it down the road someday
I can tell you what I want:
A bulletproof DART engine, 396ci or 427ci, with a big single turbo using the Hi-Flo "Street Killer" kit, race gas only car, and make near 1,500 RWHP. That would be the shiznit and its probably going to happen soon. Gayle Banks' engine builder is getting back to me next week probably on how much it will cost to build jsut the engine ready for boost. Or Marko will have it built using his builder. Banks is too busy right now to do their TT engines but just to build the engine itself might be ok. They advertised a 1,600 FWHP TT 427 but they're too busy to except a project like this: 1,600 HP 427 TT:
http://www.bankspower.com/twin-turbo-products.cfm

With my current 436ci in the car I have now I'd like to do what I've been talking about in this thread, just go for max N/A. Solid roller if I have to and spray it.

Just takes cash, whcih I finally have coming in the very near future.

Quick Reply: Will it go 650 RWHP N/A