Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best heads

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dart331Stroker,

Any projections on spring life on a street driven car with say .580 lift? There is a large experience base on this forum with the Comp 918's, but there is little that I can find on the PSI beehive springs, although all my digging so far has only resulted in good things.

Thanks
Old 12-15-2005, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springs

You will find that there is two basic makers of springs, PSI and Associated. Most companies like ourselves buy these from them and repack them. This is common and the Comp Spring is a PSI spring, we can buy them from both sources however it is cheaper for us to buy directly from PSI and offer them in our assemblies. Associated makes springs for many other companies and covers most of the lower level springs and some high end stuff. PSI makes all the higher end pieces. Eibach has been trying to put their spring winding equipment to use and has tried to get into some of the spring market. I am not sure if Matthew Warren is still making custom stuff. Anyways to answer the question of life, no problem at all with your camshaft. We are going to offer these in dual springs also, just ahvent part numbered them and priced them out yet. Thanks
Old 12-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dart331Stroker
God I hope someday people take flow numbers and throw them out the damm window, flow benches, engine dynos, and chassis dynos do not win races. Period end of story. A very reputable builder who you guys praise on here built a motor using the ET 215 heads and our as cast 225 amde more horsepower, unported out of the box!
It was their 5.3 liter heads at 234 cc's, not their 11 degree 215's.

Nate