Sponsored by:

Hype surrounding ET Performance heads

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kumar75150
what did ur car make?
Haven't dyno'd it yet because I'm still putting the break in miles for the new tranny and rear end, but I'm about finished and almost ready to dyno. I would even thrash to do it same day.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:06 PM
SSU Moderator

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
I don't think he was implying they knowingly falsified information for the sake of sales.
"corrupted files" my ***, its called propaganda and they fooled people by saying there heads made 490 when in reality it was 402RWHP!
I think that's exactly what he was doing. Even has exclamation points.

Regardless, THIS thread is more blind "hype" than any one I've seen. I trust Patrick and have a load of respect for him in this community (way back to 99-00 on LS1.com), but I think the thread is wrong. If you really just wanted to get the word out, I think you could have named the thread something different and just posted a link to the dyno thread.

Any who, more tests will show up and we'll end up back in the middle of the bell curve as always (albiet a higher horsepower one ). Same thing happened with lids back in 99 and TR cams 2-3 years ago, and AFR's last year.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:07 PM
SSU Moderator

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
Haven't dyno'd it yet because I'm still putting the break in miles for the new tranny and rear end, but I'm about finished and almost ready to dyno. I would even thrash to do it same day.

Yes, someone send this guy a pair of heads. Craig? Anyone have some for a project not done yet?
Old 01-24-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I offered Cary the same offer 4 different times for a back to back on my 14:1 SR 408. I even offered to pay shipping costs to and from. He never responded......

Oh and for the record I am still up for the comparo

I can take it to Mikey at Rapid for the tune/dyno work
Old 01-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Collections Hold

Default hype, my ***

Let me set my opinion forward to you folks that think we would actually set up our product like that. First and foremost, I wish the mad rush would not of happened the way it did. That only got us in trouble anyhow. We never posted any dyno numbers to prevoke any HYPE. We are trying are best to build a reputable product and bring something to the market that was different. ETP, not stupid. Smart, maybe a little unprepared for 300 orders in a month, but we will stick with it and make good as fast as possible. I sure as hell do not appreciate Patricks comments and the way they were presented. We have a ton of data from our product and simply did not even release our heads until we know that they worked. We are not out to be better or represent ourselves as "better" than any other company out there. We aren't into smoke and mirrors either.
We work directly with most of our competitors and just do not have a reason to lye about our product. It shows itself. As far as I am concerned, Patrick has an alterior motive and shows that plain and simple. We are not looking to be "protected" by having our name listed on the side in the list of sponsors. If we were misleading people, you would have heard that a long time ago. It is not like we only have 5 or 10 sets of the seads out there, more like 150+. This is kinda like a little soap opera to a select few, I can see.And as far as a previous post regarding "flow numbers are not everything" That is preaching to the Choir. If people did not ask, I would have never even disclosed that information. No, that is not absolutely the only horsepower factor, But tell me one guy out there that is going to spend a couple grand for heads and not take the flow data into consideration.

Thanks Patrick! Glad to see you could enlighten us.

Cary
Old 01-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Collections Hold

Default heads or tales

Originally Posted by RyanJ
Yes, someone send this guy a pair of heads. Craig? Anyone have some for a project not done yet?
We have already done that with some of our customers for our own data. We already know A-B-A comparisons.I'm sure you will see enough number going up over the next month as people that already have them are completing their installs. The last thing I want to do is take away from another patient order that can be filled by trying to prove ourselves. We have been through the BS "he said she said" from the first day I stepped into this business 20 years ago. Racing is naturally filled with knowlege, ego's (good and bad) and trillions of dollars spent on trying things that do and don't work. We take part in the forums, not to sell our product, but to be in touch with our customers/ end users and to tech people that have questions oabout our product. I do appreciate the offer though.

thanks,
Cary
Old 01-24-2006, 05:33 PM
SSU Moderator

Well, knowing that it would only cause worse posts than this one, I can see why you didn't post your A-B-A figures. However, some people want just that. Regardless, good posts, and good luck in the future ETP.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Collections Hold

Default yup

Originally Posted by RyanJ
Well, knowing that it would only cause worse posts than this one, I can see why you didn't post your A-B-A figures. However, some people want just that. Regardless, good posts, and good luck in the future ETP.

Yes it probably would, Sometimes we are on the good side of things, sometimes not. THere are some very good cylinder head guys out there that can really work some majic out of a stock head. We just had to offer something to every level out there. We have a 300+cfm 215 head, a few different ls7 heads and a 430 cfm canted valve head, all from the same casting. We do offer a lot of diversity. We are not trying to lauch a propaganda campaign, just a new line of cylinder heads, something I wanted to do a few years ago and just did not have internal support.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

If I made a thread everytime I saw a local AFR 205 headed car with a 230 duration cam only put down 420 on a Dynojet, the entire Dyno forum would be flooded.

Props to ETP for stepping the **** up and putting their foot down and standing behind their product in this thread that shouldn't have even appeared in the first place.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

Time will tell all.

Personally, I applaud ET Heads for competing with the larger cylinder head companies. Everyone already knows that AFR was created by God Himself, Joseph didn't do carpentry work at all, but actually designed their 205 and 225cc heads, Jesus turned water into wine and turned a block of aluminum into said heads, ported and flowed them on the SuperFlow 10000, and Mary answered the phones.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:58 PM
SSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Kraest
Time will tell all.

Personally, I applaud ET Heads for competing with the larger cylinder head companies. Everyone already knows that AFR was created by God Himself, Joseph didn't do carpentry work at all, but actually designed their 205 and 225cc heads, Jesus turned water into wine and turned a block of aluminum into said heads, ported and flowed them on the SuperFlow 10000, and Mary answered the phones.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kraest
Time will tell all.

Good job trying to deflate the problem Attacking AFR is no different than the attacks towards ET. IT doesnt help the situation one way or the other.

And Ryan J your reponse to Kraest shows your bias in the situation. I figure someone spouting off the virtues of not bashing would "practice what he preaches" a little better
Old 01-24-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Look...

Just blame my camshaft... It's easier...

I'm not a sponsor, so no one will get there panties in a roar if it's my fault...

Guess I'm due for another banning anyway...

Ed
Old 01-24-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Good point. Defending ETP so one can throw in an AFR bash makes it no better.

Patrick, you need to lock your own thread.

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
Good job trying to deflate the problem Attacking AFR is no different than the attacks towards ET. IT doesnt help the situation one way or the other.

And Ryan J your reponse to Kraest shows your bias in the situation. I figure someone spouting off the virtues of not bashing would "practice what he preaches" a little better
Old 01-24-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nooo, don't lock the thread, there is a lot of good info in here. If someone cares enough (like me) they will take the time to sift through the crap.

If Patrick did not make this post then I would have never seen this info (especially the various links that have even better info) as I rarely visit the dyno section. He came off a bit over-zealous but I think that is due to him being releaved he did not waste his money on AFR's. But cut the guy a break, you are making him out to be a politician with all of these hidden motives when he was a just over-zealous and chose some poor wording in presenting this.

When I get heads I will probably go with AFR's or ET's as they look top notch. There will be many more dynos and many more debates that help make my decision.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Junkie

The bottom line here in my opinion is that this thread is way out of line, ESPECIALLY for a moderator, who seems to be having problems remaining un-biased. If somebody had made this thread towards AFR you can bet the bank he would've locked it the second he saw it. There is obviously an alterior motive here.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is exactly why an independant source needs to have a cylinder head shootout. Have all the big boys in it.

At the end of the day though, I bet the ET heads are gonna walk all over the competition.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:02 PM
DTC
Teching In

i have been gone for awhile and now read this thread. let me tell it like is is. the first dyno of 373 was done at ape before they closed not w2w. second i was elated at 479 but w2w later found a problem with the file so they wanted it back for another run, i drove my vette in crappy weather then they came up with 402 i posted both # to let people know. i could have let it go at 479 but that is not my style. etp and w2w has nothing to do with the hype when w2w gave me the first dyno run i wanted to post it not knowing a problem existed, call me dumb or stuped i dont care i'm not a expert on all this thats why this forum exist. i will be doing a dyno jet at another location maybe this week. i cannot belive i only picked up 20 hp from all this work and lost 77 hp. the car feels alot stronger than it was. as for etp i live about 7 miles from there shop and like to deal with local shops if i can, i walked in there and bought the heads and edc cam from them, i dont know them just thru buying the parts. if anyone has a problem with the corrupted file issue talk to rich gala at w2w he can explain.when i get the third dyno done i will post it so everyone can make there mind up
thanks
dennis
Old 01-24-2006, 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PATRICK G-calling it like it is baby. 402hp 396tq,sounds average to me. my afr's with a cam not much bigger then his and i have a stock ls6 intake,th-body and mass air got me 434hp 390tq on a stang dyno
i never saw the first post of 479hp,but atleast the guy came clean about it,if the file had a problem it's not like he did it to make his car sound more then it was.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

402 on a Mustang dyno is still awsome. I think this thread is verry bias as I like the afr heads also but Patrick has a afr billboard for a sig that I dont really believe. JMHO.

That does not discredit them, just tells me that every dyno trick in the book was pulled to hit his numbers.