Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARP head bolts..

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARP head bolts..

alright.. i have looked everyhwere... what is the torque order??? and torque specs im supposed to torque down ARP bolts to??? somebody plz help!
Old 02-02-2006, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

with head bolts i believe that you are supposed to start at the center-most bolt and work your way out in a circular pattern.
i don't know what the torque specs are, but when you find out just make sure that you tighten them down about half torque the first time, and then on your second pass torque them down to the specs
Old 02-02-2006, 07:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000TransAmWS6
with head bolts i believe that you are supposed to start at the center-most bolt and work your way out in a circular pattern.
i don't know what the torque specs are, but when you find out just make sure that you tighten them down about half torque the first time, and then on your second pass torque them down to the specs
You follow the same sequence as the GM manual, but depending on what lube you use (required for the ARP bolts) the actual torque spec varies. ARP recommends using their own moly lube for more accurate torque reading compared to using engine oil. ARP includes the torque values with the bolts, but you can call their tech line also. I used the ARP lube which worked fine.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000TransAmWS6

ARP's are different though... the pattern is different and the order is different from what i have heard??
Old 02-02-2006, 07:49 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

http://www.blackcamaro.com/headstud.htm

That what I used.

Also be sure to use the arp lube.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

LostCauseZO6 the patter is the same if you want it to work right. You are still bolting down the same head to the block. If you do not follow the GM way you most likly will have a uneven load on the head resulting in a gasket blow out. All he needs to do is the the TQ specs for ARP for the head bolts not the head studes as in www.blackcamaro. Unless he ment head studes but he did say head bolts.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:48 AM
11 Second Club

alrighty, yes they are head bolts.. so how far do you torque down head bolts? what ft lb rating?