Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Try not to make fun of me on this.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so I have everything cleaned out and ready for reinstallation. I should hopefully have the gaskets and bolts in tomorrow so I could finish up. Thanks for all the advice and I will definately keep you guys posted.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there anywhere else I could get the gaskets and bolts from sooner than from gmpartsdirect? I live in a small AZ town and only have a NAPA and an AutoZone to choose from. Do they carry them?
Old 03-16-2006, 12:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see the connection between leaving the heads bolts loose and the rocker pedestals both breaking. That's a first. You better find out what caused them to break or you'll be in for another call to the tow truck. Loose head bolts will cause coolant to leak, but cause rocker pedestals to break? I don't think so. I was going to side with the people telling you to tighten the bolt down properly until you mentioned the rocker pedestals. I too thought about the coolant in the bolt holes, but since the bolts were already in their respective holes that wouldn't have been a problem. I would have suggested spinning the crank with the plugs removed, doing a compression test and a oil and filter change. You never know. You might have gotten lucky, but the rocker pedestals changed everything. The rocker pedestals may turn out to be a bigger problem than the loose head bolts.

Quick Reply: Try not to make fun of me on this.