Sponsored by:

What brand valve guide seals on DART LS1 heads

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 11:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I call BS

Originally Posted by Dart331Stroker
Ok to shed some light on this subject, people keep thinking there is weird things regarding oil drainback and valve seals...

In regards to the drain backs, there is no way possible that our head is holding oil up top, and if it did on ours it will on the stock heads. The heads have holes above the head bolts, those holes directly drain oil back to the lifter valley. The one on each end is lower than the valve seals, and lower than the spring pad, almost at any angle you hold the cylinder head.

Valve seals, we buy these from US Seal as Vette Nuts said, the seal they supply is the same seal used on OE LS heads all over the country. It is made for a 8mm valve, and designed to work on ours as well as OE. WE made the guides to allow the stock seal to work, and to give it grip to stay on, which wont matter as the spring holds it down anyways.

The reason for installing the shim after the seal is installed, is very simple, if you shim under it, you raise the seal and possible not give it any grip on the guide, probably not a big deal again as the spring will hold it down, we just prefer the other way.

There has never been an issue of oil consumption caused by the heads. The only oil in the head come from the pushrods, through the rockers and back into the heads. Now if one doesnt put thread sealer, or loctite on the fasteners that go directly into the runners, then you could see some oil smoke, and if you dont run seals, it wont hurt anything, just a little initial start up smoke, and occasion splash up on the valve stem might give it some smoke. Racers have ran their motors without valve seals for years, without oiling issues.

Again I will stress: IF YOU GUYS HAVE PROBLEMS, CALL US, EMAIL US, ASK US ABOUT THEM, WE MADE THEM WE KNOW THE PARTS, Asking on here more than likely will not yield you the correct information, just a bunch of misinformed guess's, that if thought out really well would not make any sense in the first place.

John
DART
I called DART about my 225's and the fact that the guides were 530 in diameter and the valve spring locators that fit every other dart ls head are 506 diameter and couldn't get an answer on why my guides were so much bigger. And these were new! Not used , not rebuilt. Had to take them and have the guides cut so the locator would slide over the guide and seat down flush..Thanks Dart. Got my direction from a little machine shop in mesquite texas . Not Dart. I'll but AFRs or Trick Flow heads in the future
Old 08-22-2014, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rmelton28
I called DART about my 225's and the fact that the guides were 530 in diameter and the valve spring locators that fit every other dart ls head are 506 diameter and couldn't get an answer on why my guides were so much bigger. And these were new! Not used , not rebuilt. Had to take them and have the guides cut so the locator would slide over the guide and seat down flush..Thanks Dart. Got my direction from a little machine shop in mesquite texas . Not Dart. I'll but AFRs or Trick Flow heads in the future
wow...8 years later

Quick Reply: What brand valve guide seals on DART LS1 heads