Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would you buy Amsoil from a sponsor here?
Hell YES I would buy Amsoil
54.55%
I don't know the details about Amsoil
19.39%
No, I like other brands
20.00%
I hate my car, I never change the oil in it.
6.06%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy AMSOIL oil products if they were available here?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you buy AMSOIL oil products if they were available here?

I'm about to become a sponsor and I'm wondering if I should carry AMSOIL which is harder to find than the German Castrol and is thought of as the best oil made.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm about to become a sponsor and I'm wondering if I should carry AMSOIL which is harder to find than the German Castrol and is thought of as the best oil made.
Maybe in yours and a few others opinion but not everyones. From what i know it is a great oil, but to say its the BEST is questionable.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GreekGator
Maybe in yours and a few others opinion but not everyones. From what i know it is a great oil, but to say its the BEST is questionable.
Opinions dont mean jack when it comes to oil, just look at oil analysis results (factual), and they suggest that Amsoil European Forumla 5w40, along with GC 0w30, Redline 5w30, and a few others are among the best for the LS1. You can 'debate' which is the best by analyzing oil analysis results which will vary slightly car to car, but it is certainly a proven performer.

I'd absolutely buy Amsoil 5w40 European formula. I stand by that statement too; when you do carry it (if you decide its what to do) PM me and I'll be your 1st order.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rescue Ranger
Opinions dont mean jack when it comes to oil, just look at oil analysis results (factual), and they suggest that Amsoil European Forumla 5w40, along with GC 0w30, Redline 5w30, and a few others are among the best for the LS1. You can 'debate' which is the best by analyzing oil analysis results which will vary slightly car to car, but it is certainly a proven performer.

I'd absolutely buy Amsoil 5w40 European formula. I stand by that statement too; when you do carry it (if you decide its what to do) PM me and I'll be your 1st order.

Same here. I lost my dealer recently. I am paying full price online for it. PM me when it's available.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Banned

I'm right now getting my business license paper work done. I'm going to have a site here called "Chrome & Performance." I'm considering becoming a dealer for AMSOIL after seeing the oil anaysis results. Good oil, hard to find though.

Right now I'm just seeing if it's worth persuing. -Joshua
Old 03-30-2006, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tirefryer
Same here. I lost my dealer recently. I am paying full price online for it. PM me when it's available.
I found my twin! The only other pewter z28 on the planet, and we both use amsoil!!!!

Old 03-30-2006, 04:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
I'm right now getting my business license paper work done. I'm going to have a site here called "Chrome & Performance." I'm considering becoming a dealer for AMSOIL after seeing the oil anaysis results. Good oil, hard to find though.

Right now I'm just seeing if it's worth persuing. -Joshua
I looked into pushing it too but you have to sell alot of oil to make any money. Not to mention $175 a month sponsorship fee. The big thing is, for guys that use more than a case a year, it's worth it for them to pay the $20 a year fee to buy factory direct wholesale (same exact price as you pay). Even if you where their sponsoring dealer you would only be making commission credits off them. If your going to make money doing it I think you would have to get out and sign up some commercial accounts and retail on shelf accounts. It is a great opportunity to make money, but your going to have to get out there and sell yourself.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
I looked into pushing it too but you have to sell alot of oil to make any money. Not to mention $175 a month sponsorship fee. The big thing is, for guys that use more than a case a year, it's worth it for them to pay the $20 a year fee to buy factory direct wholesale (same exact price as you pay). Even if you where their sponsoring dealer you would only be making commission credits off them. If your going to make money doing it I think you would have to get out and sign up some commercial accounts and retail on shelf accounts. It is a great opportunity to make money, but your going to have to get out there and sell yourself.
I'm going to be paying the $175 sponsor fee anyway, I was just thinking it would be nice to carry a proven performer especially since it's so hard to find.

I'm going to call them and see what the deal is exactly. As long as it's not going to HURT my pocket, I might just offer it so the guys here have the connection. -Joshua

That's why I'm doing this to see the interest... if people really want it.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

Other than your yearly dealer fees, catalogues and info packets that you choose to order, it shouldn't cost you anything. Did you get a dealer pack yet? Everything is outlined in that. Also, for your mailorder customers, they ship right from the warehouse, you really don't have to stock anything. What they usually do is have the customer go from your website directly to their online catalogue and checkout and then Amsoil sends you the check. That's where it get's tricky though, using the Amsoil online catalogue people can clearly see that they can buy wholesale for a $20 a year fee. If they decide to do this the only way you will get credit is if they type you in as a sponsoring dealer, or if they use your portal (link from your website) to the catalogue. Otherwise, the nearest dealer will get the commision credits. If you where to pick up a couple of local commercial accounts and auto parts stores you could do pretty good every month.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amsoil is definitely one of the top synthetic oils out there, and you can't go wrong running their 5w40 in an LS1 engine.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Count me in. I buy it locally, but I would happily buy from a board sponsor instead.

R/ Frat
Old 03-30-2006, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

What is the approximate cost compared to the $5/qt German Castrol?
Old 03-30-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

I run the 5w-40 in my LS motors.

I ran the 5w-20 in a CR-V for 12k mi and did an analysis. The oil was 87% 'new' still going by the TBN.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mr2guru
I run the 5w-40 in my LS motors.

I ran the 5w-20 in a CR-V for 12k mi and did an analysis. The oil was 87% 'new' still going by the TBN.
The 5w-40 European motor oil is supposed to last 25,000 miles and retails for $6.85 per quart, $81.00 for a case of 12.

Compare that to the cost of replacing Mobil, Castrol at the recommended drain intervals and the AMSOIL comes out on top with value not to mention wear resistance and breakdown.

All you would have to do is change the filter @ 7k miles and rock on for another 7k. Then change the oil even though it's still got 10,000 miles left on it.

They also have some abuse tests in this brochure that shows the results between AMSOIL, Mobil, Royal Purple, Castrol.

I know they did the tests, but the figures are "overwhelming" in favor of AMSOIL

Last edited by FIREHAWK#608; 03-30-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmmm.....i might have to try some. I currently am running GC Green and will run this OCI for 6k b/c ive never had my oil analyzed and want to see whats going on in my motor. After this OCI, im going to run M1 5/40 for 6k and see how that performs via an analysis. Then i may have to try Amsoil 5/40 and do the same so i can see which oil i am going to stick with from there on in. I will have to do an analysis on GC Gold as well.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

You should also consider selling GC 0w30 for the people who don't have access to this oil in their location.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OneMeanZ
You should also consider selling GC 0w30 for the people who don't have access to this oil in their location.
If I can find a source. New items will be added weekly.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:40 AM
TECH Veteran

I'm an Amsoil dealer, and I've thought about becoming a board sponsor, since shipping Amsoil anywhere in the country is easy to do, as they have warehouses within 2-3 day delivery time to just about any part of the country and Canada... but as was said, you have to sell A LOT of oil to make the sponsor fee worthwhile. However, since you're already going to be a sponsor for other things, I don't think it'll hurt you at all.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by OneMeanZ
Ironically, this would probably bring in more profit than the Amsoil. I went looking for it in my area and it is non-existent!! I then called Castrol HQs in Wayne and was told that whomever is bringing that stuff into the country is not doing it through them, and must be dealing directly with the German (GC) and Belgian (BC) distributors. They said that technically the only Syntecs allowed to be sold here are the ones labelled "not for sale outside of the Americas (or USA)" and "Made in USA". So I gave up on this $h!t and became an Amsoil preferred customer and will use their 5W-40. F Castrol if they refuse to sell me their good stuff!!!!
Old 03-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Banned

Yeah, I've used GCastrol, Mobil, Royal Purple (which is still in the differential), and now I have AMSOIL in the tranny (butter smooth) and I have some to put in the engine when its time for the change.

I'm kind of sold on AMSOIL looking at the analysis tests, I'd rather sell what is (in my opinion based on research) the best...AMSOIL.

Quick Reply: Would you buy AMSOIL oil products if they were available here?