Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XER vs LSK, smart cam guys help out a little.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Left a message for Geoff today so hoping he can get back to me pretty soon cause i'm pretty anxious to talk to him.

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
[/color]
True, but it sure would be nice if all the people at Comp knew what they were talking about.

Yup. Comp has other high lift lobes that work in addition to the LSK. Thunder is using them to grind me a custom order cam. Geoff is the man to talk to. Nice thing too is that TR puts the cam on the cam doctor for you to make sure Comp got it right. Gives a little piece of mind when playing with the non-standard lobes.

Bottom line is TR, a SPONSOR, is a great place to buy a cam.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sadly enough I was the one at Comp who knew about all these lobes and the one who was trying to get the good people at LS1tech to use them. These LSK lobes are not in the master lobe catalog but all of them are in their computer if you know how to find them. They were never a propritery lobe..nor were they made for lingenfelter. TR is a great bunch of guys but, plese remember that Comp is a sponsor also.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:54 PM
LS1 Tech Administrator

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Unaffiliated Racing
Sadly enough I was the one at Comp who knew about all these lobes and the one who was trying to get the good people at LS1tech to use them. These LSK lobes are not in the master lobe catalog but all of them are in their computer if you know how to find them. They were never a propritery lobe..nor were they made for lingenfelter. TR is a great bunch of guys but, plese remember that Comp is a sponsor also.
This is good to know. If you don't mind, post up your name and contact info so the board members will know the right person at Comp to speak with. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Resident

Cool

Sadly enough I was the one at Comp who knew about all these lobes and the one who was trying to get the good people at LS1tech to use them. These LSK lobes are not in the master lobe catalog but all of them are in their computer if you know how to find them. They were never a propritery lobe..nor were they made for lingenfelter. TR is a great bunch of guys but, please remember that Comp is a sponsor also.

Hi Brian... Where've you been????

Thanks for setting the record straight! Amazing how the BS and false rumors spread so easily around here...

When you get a chance... contact me so I can send some biz your way.

BTW... that last comment will sure hit a nerve!!!

Ed
Old 03-31-2006, 05:10 PM

The word WAS is past tense. lol A Comp employee posting on message boards is a big no no and will get you run off. They like to advertise (5 banners on this board) but that is where their sponsorship ends. No active envolvement. I was the only one wanting to deal with the 40k + members of LS1tech, none of the other techs care to hassle with it......
Old 03-31-2006, 05:12 PM

Ed as you can see from my last post..it's not my problem if it hits a nerve. Send me you number in a PM and i'll drop you a line buddy.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, unless I have a name of someone that knows what there doing, I'm not gunna call direct to Comp. I've called there to many times and got rude or uninformative employees who could care less about what there doing. At least most sponsors have a good contact and don't have to deal with those people. Do a search for Comp or look in the vendor feedback section and you'll see that others feel the same. By the sound of your post, you no longer work there, or I'd say post up your info and I'd be happy to call.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

Ed as you can see from my last post..it's not my problem if it hits a nerve. Send me you number in a PM and i'll drop you a line buddy.
LOL... we both taunt a lil bit huh!

Better get me through LS1GTO.com.... I shut off the PM function on this site to avoid the sponsor backlash, thinking I'm trolling for customers...

Ed
Old 03-31-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Two comments:

1) I called on Jan 25 2006 to get information on using LSK lobes in my application. The rep I spoke to flat out told me they were not for use on LS1's. These lobes have been around for a while, there is no reason for the sales staff not to know what works.

2) The fact that many of us buy Comp cams rather Crane or Cam Motion is a benefit of sponsorship. There are a lot of discussions on here where Comp lobes get a recommendation. I realize that Comp would make more money if I ordered direct, rather than through TR, but I like knowing that TR is there to knowledgably explain my lobe options and making sure I get exactly what I ordered.

Too bad Comp's policy prevents you from participating. I remember Hadley Owens coming on the board when there problems with the FAST 90mm TB and helping a number of people get the problem resolved just by saying "Call me directly, here's my number."

Originally Posted by EDC
I shut off the PM function on this site to avoid the sponsor backlash, thinking I'm trolling for customers...

Gee, maybe if you actually posted usefull information, rather than making comments implying how smart you are, we would not think you're just trolling. This thread is a great example. Instead of identifying the lobes and explaining what can be done, you just make a quip that you know some information that you will not share in public and that you can order these secret lobes. That sure comes accross as someone trolling for business.

Old 03-31-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Talked to Geoff today, great guy, first sponser i talked to that actuly went out of his way to look at different grids that would work best for me other then the off the shelf cams they sell.

Justin
Old 03-31-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

oh yea and you might want to think about a 227/234 same as the trak cam but a little less on the intake with the lsk and a little wider LSA, Geoff and i were talking about that. Would perform a lot like the trak but little easier to DD.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
Gee, maybe if you actually posted usefull information, rather than making comments implying how smart you are, we would not think you're just trolling. This thread is a great example. Instead of identifying the lobes and explaining what can be done, you just make a quip that you know some information that you will not share in public and that you can order these secret lobes. That sure comes accross as someone trolling for business.

Why should I bother explaining anything in detail on this site?

If I do post up some of my ideas and customer results, people like "you" will just sit back and bang out some sarcastic remark about me "trolling" for business... If I don't say anything, you say the same thing!

Hmmm... wait.. you just proved my point! Thanks!

Ed
Old 04-01-2006, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EDC

If I do post up some of my ideas and customer results, people like "you" will just sit back and bang out some sarcastic remark about me "trolling" for business... If I don't say anything, you say the same thing!

Ed
Then why not just become a vendor/sponsor here....???

Old 04-01-2006, 08:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Why does everyone keep pushing the guy???

If he doesn't infringe on forum rules, please leave the man alone. To flame what you can't understand is utter ignorance.
Ed's presence on this board is welcome by a lot of us and it would be a shame not to mention unethical to bulley him just for the fact that he doesn't wish to sponsor this board.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Why does everyone keep pushing the guy???

If he doesn't infringe on forum rules, please leave the man alone. To flame what you can't understand is utter ignorance.
Ed's presence on this board is welcome by a lot of us and it would be a shame not to mention unethical to bulley him just for the fact that he doesn't wish to sponsor this board.

Well in truth it was the moderator that made the trolling statement.

What do you mean by "can't understand"? Are you referring that we cannot learn? That our intellects are finite good lord man! I think that statement is ignorance in its self. No one doubts Ed has exceptional knowledge in the area. What many have issue with is the "I cannot tell you because you cannot possibly fathom what I know" attitude. If Ed has extreme trade secrets and does not want to expose them that is absolutely fine, but we do not need to hear about all the time. Otherwise it is just an ego trip. To be frank Ed probably does get business from this forum via word of mouth…
Old 04-01-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SideStep
Well in truth it was the moderator that made the trolling statement.

What do you mean by "can't understand"? Are you referring that we cannot learn? That our intellects are finite good lord man! I think that statement is ignorance in its self. No one doubts Ed has exceptional knowledge in the area. What many have issue with is the "I cannot tell you because you cannot possibly fathom what I know" attitude. If Ed has extreme trade secrets and does not want to expose them that is absolutely fine, but we do not need to hear about all the time. Otherwise it is just an ego trip. To be frank Ed probably does get business from this forum via word of mouth…
No, that is not what I mean't Sidestep.
I'm sure that Ed has his reasons why he doesn't sponsor, I doubt if most of know what they are. Therefore none of us can pass judgement.
Therefore to do so, would be ignorance.
That is what I mean.
I just feel that he gets bullied and that should not occur.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by EDC

Ed
No, there have been plenty of others that post on this board who are not sponsors. The difference is they post useful technical information. And some get customers from PMs, but the purpose of the post can't be to generate business.

Your post was a gratuitous solicitation. No one learned anything other than you can order lobes other than XER and XE. You could have posted what lobes work, but you didn't. A simple statement such as "XFI lobes can used in an LS1" would not be solicting and would be useful techincal information.

Maybe you feel the information is proprietary. If you consider the information propietary, why bother to post at all? LG won't post their cam specs or how they design cams and that's fine. If that's your business strategy, that's cool. Just don't come on here and hint about all your expertise if you're not willing to share it, because that is just a form of solicitation.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

ok lets get back to what this thread was originaly talking about. I dont want to hear about this neither do I care.

Quick Reply: XER vs LSK, smart cam guys help out a little.