Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Valve adjustment Procedure????

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 11:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your help maybe I will figure it out......Here is a bonus....This is really my car (NOT A JOKE). But its not worth crap right now......
Attached Thumbnails LS1 Valve adjustment Procedure????-ls1picture.jpg  
Old 04-17-2006, 08:31 AM
On The Tree

If the only spark plug that is black is the cylinder that broke a piston, then you have a ring seal problem. You should pull all of your plugs, then do a compression check to eliminate a bad ring seal or leaky head gasket being the problem.
Also, IMO the 38# injectors are too small for F/I. You should have at least #42 injectors.
And it sounds like your Air Fuel gage is just a El Cheapo. You need a TRUE Wide band like a Innovative LC-1. If it's not a WIDE BAND, then it's only going to be accurate at 14.7, anything else is just basically showing it's not at the 14.7. So it's basically useless for WOT.
Sounds like you have a serious tune issue, and if you keep driving it, you are going to damage the motor, if it's not already damaged. You need to take it to a tuner ASAP. But first, check you compression. Also, I would advise putting on some new spark plug wires. That could be your wet plug problem. But I would defently get some #42 injectors and get it re-tuned. That or stock up on pistons. Maybe a few blocks too because sometimes the cylinder wall will crack when you break a piston.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Teching In

I already did a compression all 8, they were all good about 180lbs. I can go with the tune issue. Everything else is fine. IT was already tuned. before the rebuild. The only changes that were made was that it was bored .011 to fit the new pistons with -2cc flat tops......BUT it ran fine for a long time before it started having this problem.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Teching In

This is crazy I changed the plugs out and o2 sensors. The car ran good...but still pinged some..about 15 miles later it went crazy again, would not idle and when it did crank up it backfired and crap.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:43 AM
On The Tree

By the time you finish guessing what is wrong and buying parts that you don't need, you could have already paid for the scan and tune. lol
Well, if you aren't going to scan and tune it, then at least go and buy a new set of spark plug wires. It's very common for them to break inside when pulling them off the plugs. You can also check them with a OHM meter.
There is spray cleaners you can buy in a can made just for MAF's. I would do that too. But if it ran good for a little bit then started to run like crap again after you changed spark plugs, I would be supsicous of the plug wires.

Quick Reply: LS1 Valve adjustment Procedure????