Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

400CID+.. what kind of intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
Your correct. I'm working on it, if they'd get it here. Supposed to be here right now, but you know how things go. Not quite sure the intake runners are tuned for the revs he's looking for. I believe they are adjustable legnths though, so maybe he could shorten them a bit. I'd say they are hands down the best route, but not many americans are ready to throw down $3500+ for a intake that they don't even know fits or not. However, I do plan to make it fit in mine, no matter what. Hence the right up when I'm finished.
They will fit and work really well, they are becoming widely used in AUS. The key is to be able to play with the trumpet length to detirmine what's best for your engine. the longer the trumpet lenght the more torque. What ever you do, DONT FIT THE AIR BOX'S thet will kill the HP.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Public Enemy
about the rockers.. the jesel j2k will work well on a solid roller setup.

yeah i saw that thread and was REALLY impressed.. i mean cam upgrade+mild exhaust port work, tuning and headers and that thing gained 180whp! one question though.. was that on Stock 11:1 Compression ratio?
I believe Lou said after he cleaned up the heads with a slight mill, it only increased compression slightly. So instead of a 11.1 he was at like a 11.2
Old 04-27-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 11sHSV
They will fit and work really well, they are becoming widely used in AUS. The key is to be able to play with the trumpet length to detirmine what's best for your engine. the longer the trumpet lenght the more torque. What ever you do, DONT FIT THE AIR BOX'S thet will kill the HP.
I know they fit on the motor. I'm talking about fitting it into a F-body chasis, which they don't have in Aussie. I've been working with Ken and Damian to get this thing over here in a style that will best suit the F-body needs. As for the air boxes, they won't make the trip. Not only do they kill the power, but they would never fit in the chasis of our cars. I plan to use 8 individual filters, which should keep the power up. Mine is supposed to be done and shipped by the end of April. Maybe I should contact them to see how it's going.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now I know you said "street-car" but this thing sounds pretty max-effort to me. If youre not really worried about drivability, and i doubt you are with a 750 bhp solid roller motor, in my opinion id say to just open her up with a sheet metal intake. Sure youll lose some port velocity which aids drivability around the street, but it dosnt sound like this is what youre after. A sheetmetal intake with huge port volume should flow like no other. Atleast in theory.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Now I know you said "street-car" but this thing sounds pretty max-effort to me. If youre not really worried about drivability, and i doubt you are with a 750 bhp solid roller motor, in my opinion id say to just open her up with a sheet metal intake. Sure youll lose some port velocity which aids drivability around the street, but it dosnt sound like this is what youre after. A sheetmetal intake with huge port volume should flow like no other. Atleast in theory.
Sorry I wrote street, I meant a drag car but in street class.. i dont know about u guyz but here in my country, street class are not allowed to add ANY power adder.

Its a Drag Car..
Old 04-27-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

The edelbrock intake with fuel rails is 400 from summit racing. A custom elbow is need to run the 90mm or whatever tb you plan to run. Cost for us was 195 shipped. Porting price is dependent on where you go. I would guess around 400 would be a good ball park. I don't know what the difference would be between a ls7 combo and a etp 240cc head and fast 90 intake. Never tried it so couldn't comment. The ls7 head stock is like a 250cc port, and intake is supposed to flow well.

As for the stock computer. It's max value is for 8k. If you plan to shift at 8k, most of the time you won't shift at that exact rpm. Meaning you will over rev that point. The stock computer only goes to 8k so there is no way to try to shift it right there. Normally I set shift point about 400rpm lower then rev limiter. It gives you some breathing room for shifting so you are not banging the limiter. That is why I suggested a 7600 shift point. If you want to rev higher then an aftermarket computer is the way to go.