Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New intake around the corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default New intake around the corner

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/493176-professional-products-intake-manifold.html
Old 05-03-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow that is interesting hadnt seen that badboy
Old 05-03-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I missed that thread too. Predator, what are your thoughts on the heat soak people were referring to?
Old 05-03-2006, 12:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

IMO, heat soak is overrated unless you want every little HP at the track.
The benefits of alum as you see are:
porting at leisure
96 mm TB
Bling
Better for nitrous, since it can absorb heat it can also be cooled
Stronger

So the only issue is, can it flow??
Notice the raised runners and (yet to be tested) can it carry peak till 6500? (FAST limits peak at 6300.

So we just have to wait and see, but this intake shows potential.

Oh did i mention price $$$ and the fuel rails.
It is worth a look at.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

This is intresting..... of course, after I buy a fast 90/nw 90mm TB setup for the 402 I'm in the middle of planning....

Some results with this on a 400+ ci all motor setup need to come out pronto..
Old 05-03-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's also described as having plenty of extra material for porting. Wonder what Mamo can do with it.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Hmmmm. Glad I didnt order a Fast yet, Im ready to see some results!
Old 05-03-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had seen this on the byunspeed web site some time back, still waiting for some concrete test results. I will buy it if the results are good, or maybe even pretty good because I like the looks as well
Old 05-03-2006, 07:09 PM
TECH Junkie

If it performs like the Fast 90 they will sell out in days and be backordered like ET heads....
Old 05-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Hmmmmm....

As much as I would love to believe there is a less expensive alternative that could potentially make more power than a stock (or modified) FAST, I will hold judgement till independent testing is released. What I think is strange is that the comparisons are against every other manifold but the target that IMO would be obvious to anyone in the LS marketplace. If your going to build an intake at this point it's got to better than the FAST or why bother....especially considering it's obviously going to be heavier.

Should be interesting to see how this plays out but I won't be putting my FAST 90 up on EBAY just yet.....LOL

Tony M.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

A new intake to fit GM's new L-92/LS7 style heads would be very interesting.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
As much as I would love to believe there is a less expensive alternative that could potentially make more power than a stock (or modified) FAST, I will hold judgement till independent testing is released. What I think is strange is that the comparisons are against every other manifold but the target that IMO would be obvious to anyone in the LS marketplace. If your going to build an intake at this point it's got to better than the FAST or why bother....especially considering it's obviously going to be heavier.

Should be interesting to see how this plays out but I won't be putting my FAST 90 up on EBAY just yet.....LOL

Tony M.

Of course, if you already have a FAST, it would be pointless to consider this part, but if not.... it is half price, has the $250++ fuel rails (FAST does not), and it's so damn pretty. No up(yours) charge for a 90mm version, either. If the FAST were $500, and they didn't screw you for a different TB orafice (I mean, how much does this cost 'em?) it'd be the proven choice.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Launching!

I like the price for sure, but still waiting for dyno graphs.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

according to that thread it should be available already... so maybe we'll get some dyno numbers soon! tell ya what if everyone paypals $1 ... i'll put it on and dyno test it against both my ls1 and ls6 intake!!! pm me if u want my payal.. lmao
Old 05-03-2006, 09:02 PM
Staging Lane

Isn’t there a saying: “Everything that glitters is not gold”?

I think the Fast 90 is overpriced, but if people are willing to buy it at that price then is it really over priced? But that’s just me, a true capitalist at heart. Self employed living the American Dream! If I fail it’s no ones fault but my own. I can make as much money as I have the talent and will to make and it’s not dependant on a wage that someone else thinks I’m worth. It’s the value that the consumer is willing to pay for my service or product that I set the cost at. Lets say AFR says their 205 heads are worth $3500 pair and enough people buy them to make business sense, then that’s what a ARF 205 is worth.

Last edited by M2SPEED; 05-03-2006 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR

Tony M.

Isn't this the same company that is in the business of making cheap knock off's of 'name brand' parts such as Edelbrock and Weiand? Although it might not be totally PC to say it, I am still of the mind set to 'buy American' when I can. If that is an import from a third world country, then there is no way I would use it. All IMHO of course. There are too many people in this country out of work because of cheap knock off crap being sold at a low price. Sorry to be so outspoken but this kind of crap touches a raw nerve with me.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
Isn't this the same company that is in the business of making cheap knock off's of 'name brand' parts such as Edelbrock and Weiand? Although it might not be totally PC to say it, I am still of the mind set to 'buy American' when I can. If that is an import from a third world country, then there is no way I would use it. All IMHO of course. There are too many people in this country out of work because of cheap knock off crap being sold at a low price. Sorry to be so outspoken but this kind of crap touches a raw nerve with me.
I hear that! Something tells me that if their testing against a Weiland intake, that they shouldn't even try. Test against the FAST 90 or go home.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
I hear that! Something tells me that if their testing against a Weiland intake, that they shouldn't even try. Test against the FAST 90 or go home.
I agree if it doesnt perform very close to or better than a FAST 90, its worthless really and at that point becomes a complete waste of money to the performance minded individual. But if IT DOES.

I do not think anyone at Fast is out of work. The intake is too expensive, its overpriced plain and simple.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:58 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
Isn't this the same company that is in the business of making cheap knock off's of 'name brand' parts such as Edelbrock and Weiand?
That would be them.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:59 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cantdrv65

I do not think anyone at Fast is out of work. The intake is too expensive, its overpriced plain and simple.
They are owned by Comp Cams....they aint goin' anywhere as long as there are gasoline motors.