Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few question

hi again

i have few question to ask i hope that i find answers

1# what is the best gear ratio for GMC SIERRA truck ??3.73,4.10,4.56 or other

2# i want to buy cams for my truck any suggestion ?? how much gain will i get ?

3#what is the best supercharger for GMC SIERRA A/T ,, and how much gain willi get ?

4# if i installed supercharger is it true :- *Air mass ,Throtelbody, and air filter must be remove ?

5# i wanna a fuel pump , beacuse my mechanic said '' the onw in the car right now has aweak pressure " which fuel is good to buy ?

finally i have hypertech programmer i found some difficulty with A/T transmission shift point ?? did work with any ??

thank you all

Last edited by sierra; 05-05-2006 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sierra
hi again

i have few question to ask i hope that i find answers
Hi there. I hope you're staying safe over there.

I'm no expert but I'll take a stab at a few of your questions and if nothing else, get the ball rolling for others to chime in.

1# what is the best gear ratio for GMC SIERRA truck ??3.73,4.10,4.56 or other
This choice will depend on what you decide to use as a camshaft.

2# i want to buy cams for my truck any suggestion ?? how much gain will i get ?
It only uses one cam . This seems to be the $60k question around here lol. I would consult with the truck guys in the truck forum. I'd say that you'll want a cam that features lots of low end torque, to get that beast rolling, especially if you plan to move heavy loads or tow a trailer. So to that end, what are your goals? Sport truck? Heavy hauler? A little of both?

3#what is the best supercharger for GMC SIERRA A/T ,, and how much gain willi get ?
I've seen some folks posting great results from turbo systems. Gobs of torque down low! Again, check out the truck forum for more info.

4# if i installed supercharger is it true :- *Air mass ,Throtelbody, and air filter must be remove ?
I don't know but a lot of the kits come with all the stuff you need to make the install.

5# i wanna a fuel pump , beacuse my mechanic said '' the onw in the car right now has aweak pressure " which fuel is good to buy ?
You should wait until you decide on your induction setup (blower/turbo). Most of the kits either come with fuel system upgrades, or at least make recommendations as to what is appropriate.

finally i have hypertech programmer i found some difficulty with A/T transmission shift point ?? did work with any ??

thank you all
You're welcome, even though I wasn't much help lol.

Here's a link to the truck forum:

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/