Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 misfire #7 ...steps taken..help needed again.. car doesn't like me

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 misfire #7 ...steps taken..help needed again.. car doesn't like me

Ok, So i think i might be on the right track finally....My ses light came on for p0307 misfire #7 cyclinder...So i changed my plugs and wires...still light...then my cats got destroyed so i took them off and put in flexpipe..still ses light..for po307....then the other day i finally could feel the motor start to miss and could smell fuel..strongly..so i think my #7 injector is stuck open...The car still runs and idles good ...no real loss of power..but hasn't been driven since i smelled the fuel...tommorrow i'm changing the injector and most likely the fouled out 7 plug...Is there anything else i shoud do....Am i on the right track here....Could of I damadeg an o2 sensor and if so which ones...the front or rears,,,,All input is great since i'm doing this tommorrow...Thanks
Old 05-05-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have someone in the drivers seat and hold the idle at say 2000 RPM. Unplug an injector that you know works and listen for an idle change. Now unplug the injector on #7 cylinder and see if it changes. This will help confirm your diagnosis. If your car is an auto you can put it in gear and lightly power brake it to get a load on the engine....the sound will be more noticable if you do it this way.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

What he said above. Unplugging each injector will help you to see if there is a dead cylinder. Do that and if there are no dead cylinders then you have more troubleshooting to do. Good luck.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Ok...The # 7 injector was clogged up full of crap..swapped it out...but alot some gas went down into the cylinder...So i waited an hour put in new injector and new plug...Car ran white smoke out for about half hour (all the excess gas) but then my misfire code went away and the car is running alot better...but i'm getting this weird baffle sound coming out of the passenger side exhaust..I think it may caused by some gas getting into the oil or my # 7 coil isn't that great so i ordered a new coil to put in tommorrow and i'm changing the oil again tommorrow...even though i can't really smell gas in the oil...But i know longer have a misfire code..but my exhaust makes this baffle sound here and there so am i on the right track still...any ideas what could be causing the sound...Thanks