Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A F-Body Vaccum pump kit installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rumble
JoeyGC5, 1 to 2 inches at idle and up to 19 at 6800 rpm, on street setting. 5 to 7 at idle and 32 at 6800 rpm on race setting. Also the HP gain we saw was on the street setting!!
32" of vacuum sounds WAY to high. I would say 14-15 is about the max you want to run on any engine.

I have a full race motor and I run around 12-14" of vacuum.

And yes you need a catch can
Old 05-14-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd rather leave 10-15hp on the table without a pump rather than exponentially increase the wear on my rings and piston walls with that kinda ridiculous vacuum. Of course if it's a strip car and you rebuild the motor each season then this makes more sense to have.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

Hi guys,

To all interested members. Just got back from a little vacation so I have not kept up with the thread. But to summarize I had oil control problems. I didn't want to spend at least thirty-five hundred dollars for a dry sump system. I did want to keep my AC and still get vacuum for my F body for around a thousand dollars.

I ended up spending a little over a grand for hoses, catch can, vac gage and A&A Corvette's pump kit. We are going to run twenty inches of vac at the drags and ten inches of vac on the street. The street set-up gives us about an inch of vacuum at idle. This setup will produce thirty-two inches of vacuum on the DYNO but my setup will never require that much. No oil pressure problems so far.

I am moving to Idaho from Colorado due to a job change so I won't be able to run the SS in the near future but I love the results so far. Plugs are clean now and no clouds of smoke under acceleration.

This is the last entry I will make until I relocate and run the SS at the Boise Idaho drag strip. For more information on the pump kit, call Charlie at A&A Corvette (1-888-838-8377).
Old 05-16-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Oh sweet, I live in Boise Idaho!

We have 2 Turbo camaros up here and a few H/C nitrous cars that hang out together, if your into racing then we should definantly hook up

Quick Reply: A&A F-Body Vaccum pump kit installed