Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are these heads a waste of time..if not..is price the only thing holding us back?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are these heads a waste of time..if not..is price the only thing holding us back?

Here is the link http://www.araoengineering.com/Chevy/chevysmb.htm

They talk about great numbers but can these numbers also be achieved much cheaper from a 2 valve head?
Old 05-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Restricted User

Whew - $6400 to $10,000...no thanks, I'll stick to nitrous and turbos. They are nice pieces though and they have a US patent.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Waste of time. They've had alot of problems from what I've read on the net. Google them.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joewee350
Here is the link http://www.araoengineering.com/Chevy/chevysmb.htm

They talk about great numbers but can these numbers also be achieved much cheaper from a 2 valve head?
They need some help both in the ports and valve actuation parts to get them into the 21st century. There is a set undergoing that sort of updating somewhere in the Northeast. Not cheap, and not quick to get done, but the results might prove interesting. Put them on an LT1 with a long arm and stuff it into a sleeper. Well, they should go on the "pump" first. Should be cool!
Old 05-08-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Old SStroker
They need some help both in the ports and valve actuation parts to get them into the 21st century. There is a set undergoing that sort of updating somewhere in the Northeast. Not cheap, and not quick to get done, but the results might prove interesting. Put them on an LT1 with a long arm and stuff it into a sleeper. Well, they should go on the "pump" first. Should be cool!

speaking of such heads has there been any updates with that motor?? last i seen and knew they had put the motor in the chassis but i havnt heard anything since.

-john
Old 05-08-2006, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JPMuscle
speaking of such heads has there been any updates with that motor?? last i seen and knew they had put the motor in the chassis but i havnt heard anything since.

-john
I was thinking of another one which isn't in a chassis. The last I heard it wasn't into the assembly process yet.