Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSK vs XE-R cams, is it worth the swap???

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
I've seen that cam make butter out of valvesprings as well, and good DUAL ones at that. OTOH i've seen beehives take more lift and live forever when they are beat on.

As for what would work with the LSK's I'd have to do some numbers crunching but part of me would just back off to a tamer cam lobe, run the same springs I would with the LSK's and not worry about it. If a system is designed right and executed right there should be no problems for miles and miles. I just ran into a situation where a setup went into valve float really early from what it was designed to do (early in terms of RPM and cycles) and come to find out it wasn't the miles that were put on the springs, it was someone checking them over that added .100" to the installed height and killed the seated pressure and that's what caused the float.... execution can kill a setup as well.

Bret
Bret,
I have been read many of your post on the LSK and spring issues. Is it fair to say that in your opinion that the LSK gains that might be obtained are not worth the valve train problems that go hand in hand with a lobe that aggressive for 99.9 % of the people on here building a street / strip LS1 347?

Quick Reply: LSK vs XE-R cams, is it worth the swap???