Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm Sam1 from the middle east 700Hp is my target

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006 | 03:20 AM
Teching In

Unhappy I'm Sam1 from the middle east 700Hp is my target

HI

I'm just hoping that i will get your help guys, i have a workshop here dealing with many brands of cars, but just started to target the Ls1 Gen III 5.7 V8

I'm trying to build stages 1,2,3 up to 700 HP, my internet researches was so horrible i found 100's of web sites in US & AU and im still trying to find ....
so hopefully i will find what im looking with your help .

I need stages like 1 : Air mass - air cold intake - like 80 Hp etc
2 : NOS. to reach 200 Extra Hp
3 : is the hard one 700 Hp

and im still looking
Old 05-14-2006 | 03:29 AM
TECH Addict

this is the wrong section for a question like this man. i replied to your original thread in the intro's and greetings area try to keep this stuff over there.
Old 05-14-2006 | 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, Hopefully a moderator will move this thread to the general section.

Here is my impression of the different stages:

Stage 1: Bolt-ons : Cold air intake (10-12HP), ported TB (5-7HP), Itake manifold (10-30HP), Underdrive pulley (5-7HP), LT headers (30RWHP), catback exhaust (5-7HP). Result = 85RWHP

Stage 2: Heads and Cam: Cam (30-60HP), Heads (40-50HP)
Result stage1+2 = 85RWHP + 90RWHP = 175RWHP

Stage 3: N20 - I would not go past 150 WET

Stage 4: Increased displacement, bigger camshaft, bigger heads = 100-150RWHP

Stage 5: Twin Turbo ~ Looks like 1,000 RWHP is about the current limit for a C5R blocked twin turbo monster.
Old 05-14-2006 | 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by niphilli
Yeah, Hopefully a moderator will move this thread to the general section.

Here is my impression of the different stages:

Stage 1: Bolt-ons : Cold air intake (10-12HP), ported TB (5-7HP), Itake manifold (10-30HP), Underdrive pulley (5-7HP), LT headers (30RWHP), catback exhaust (5-7HP). Result = 85RWHP

Stage 2: Heads and Cam: Cam (30-60HP), Heads (40-50HP)
Result stage1+2 = 85RWHP + 90RWHP = 175RWHP

Stage 3: N20 - I would not go past 150 WET

Stage 4: Increased displacement, bigger camshaft, bigger heads = 100-150RWHP

Stage 5: Twin Turbo ~ Looks like 1,000 RWHP is about the current limit for a C5R blocked twin turbo monster.
hp doesn't just add up like that. Lt headers might net you 30 rwhp alone and a intake might give you 5rwhp along, but together...they may not add up to 35...it could be 40...or it could stay the same at 30rwhp. People aren't gonna get 85 rwhp from those mods.

what you need to do is get a stock car. baseline it on a dyno. Then add whatever mods you want for a stage one... dyno it again on the SAME dyno. that would be your gains from stage one. You also have to take into account the weather changes and such from the baseline. you want to make your results repeatable..if you want a good rep.

Your going about this the wrong way though...cars shouldn't be put into stages unless there is only one way to go with them...like evos or stis. You should figure out what the person wants.. ie. supercharger, turbo, turbos, rear mount single turbo..or rear mount twin turbo, n2o, stroker n/a motor...heads and cam stock cubes motor...there are a long of different ways you can build a ls1.
Old 05-14-2006 | 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
hp doesn't just add up like that. Lt headers might net you 30 rwhp alone and a intake might give you 5rwhp along, but together...they may not add up to 35...it could be 40...or it could stay the same at 30rwhp. People aren't gonna get 85 rwhp from those mods.

what you need to do is get a stock car. baseline it on a dyno. Then add whatever mods you want for a stage one... dyno it again on the SAME dyno. that would be your gains from stage one. You also have to take into account the weather changes and such from the baseline. you want to make your results repeatable..if you want a good rep.

Your going about this the wrong way though...cars shouldn't be put into stages unless there is only one way to go with them...like evos or stis. You should figure out what the person wants.. ie. supercharger, turbo, turbos, rear mount single turbo..or rear mount twin turbo, n2o, stroker n/a motor...heads and cam stock cubes motor...there are a long of different ways you can build a ls1.
You are right, this was a general statement intended to give a general idea of what you could get from differnt stages of modification (Boltons, heads and cam, increased displacement, then blower/turbo). You could mix and match any of these modifications with results that vary.

For the most part:
-Full bolt-ons will make ~350-360RWHP (+~70 over a stock '98-'00)

-Heads cam + boltons will make 430-470 rwhp depending on the camshaft and heads used (+~ 150 over a stock '98-00)

-Heads cam + boltons + displacement will make 450-650 RWHP depending on displacement and setup.

-Blower/turbo/N20 setups will make 400-1,000 RWHP depending on the combination and $$ spent.

This is a guideline to be used to determine what setup will best meet your goals.

I personally am a N/A guy who does 99.9% of his driving on the street. 450-500 RWHP is all I would ever want for my application. No need for me to pay to go the forced induciton route.