Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTTx2
Old 06-10-2006, 11:58 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Who's up for $5.00? It's been a little slow. I'm beginning to think you guys are CHEAP! Lets help this guy out all ready!
Old 06-10-2006, 01:58 PM
10 Second Club

It sucks to hear this, man I been there BUT breaking is part of racing... Nobody likes to break parts, I know I sure as hell don't. Sometimes **** happens.

He can take a short loan out can't he?

A broken motor sucks but its not the end of the world. When I broke a ringland in my motor, it took me 9 mos to a year to save up to get a forged motor. I did it the old fashioned way, worked my *** off and saved.

I'm not trying to hate or saying he's looking for a free handout but hey we've all been there..

Hopefully he can get his car done by summer's end to break the nitrous record.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

what is the nitrous record?
Old 06-11-2006, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

i believe its a 8.9 by East Side performance but ARE did a 8.5 with a backhalved rear car so I'm not sure what the record is at.

It should definitely go down this year that's for sure.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Icon went 8.57 @ 147 in the black formula several months ago. Nitrous car.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

They better watch out for Guess Who and their project "cheap ***" camaro!!
Old 06-11-2006, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

$20 sent via paypal

Good luck hope to your back out on the tracks soon
Old 06-11-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had a bad Futral cam ,then did heads, new cam and spun a bearing.I promise Im way more broke than this guy.Everyone please send me money too.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i really just cannot see the reasoning in giving this guy money? i mean you dont sound like poor, and if you are you shouldnt be racing. you may be a nice guy, but i think you should give this money to a charity, or another good "helpful" use, and frankly im kind of disgusted to see this. i think if any of you want to talk about how i feel on the matter pm me.

hell, i cant even afford to live on my own yet, why dont yall give me money too... that way i can buy new paint for my hood, and bumper, and get my motor rebuilt.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:30 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Well thanks to the guys that helped out!!! It was really cool. I'm going to try and sell some stuff I have laying around and give it to him. I'm hoping to come up with enough to get him a set of pistons and rings. He might be able to save the crank. Another local engine shop is getting him a block for a good deal. He has to come uo with a set of rods too. Thanks again, Andy.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:02 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by treysoucie
i really just cannot see the reasoning in giving this guy money? i mean you dont sound like poor, and if you are you shouldnt be racing. you may be a nice guy, but i think you should give this money to a charity, or another good "helpful" use, and frankly im kind of disgusted to see this. i think if any of you want to talk about how i feel on the matter pm me.

hell, i cant even afford to live on my own yet, why dont yall give me money too... that way i can buy new paint for my hood, and bumper, and get my motor rebuilt.
Dont be a hater man. There is nothing wrong with trying to help the guy out. Its not like anyone said you had to do it. I have had some bad luck in the past and I know how it feels. Sure its racing and stuff breaks but it sux twice as bad when its your first time out.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by offaxis
Dont be a hater man. There is nothing wrong with trying to help the guy out. Its not like anyone said you had to do it. I have had some bad luck in the past and I know how it feels. Sure its racing and stuff breaks but it sux twice as bad when its your first time out.

tell that **** to the katrina, and rita victims, that lost everything.
id understand if this guy had like a catastrophic fire at his house, and you guys took it upon yourself to raise money to help him and his family out... but he blew his fukn racing engine!

am i the only person who thinks this is fukn stupid? this guys motor blew while racing.... **** happens to everyone, what the *** makes this guy special? i mean im just dumbfounded with this ****. i know this **** sucks that your motor blew, and your out the money, but lme said they would help him out.... so save up again, and start the *** over man!
Old 06-12-2006, 08:22 AM
10 Second Club

tell that **** to the katrina, and rita victims, that lost everything.

am i the only person who thinks this is fukn stupid? this guys motor blew while racing.... **** happens to everyone, what the *** makes this guy special? i mean im just dumbfounded with this ****. i know this **** sucks that your motor blew, and your out the money, but lme said they would help him out.... so save up again, and start the *** over man!

I wouldnt worry yourself about how i spend my money. Why would ya think I didnt donate money and time for the victims of katrina or even to local causes like 911 families? To be honest I am not sure why you would care at all who helps this guy out. If ya dont want to help him out move on and dont look back man.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by offaxis
I wouldnt worry yourself about how i spend my money. Why would ya think I didnt donate money and time for the victims of katrina or even to local causes like 911 families? To be honest I am not sure why you would care at all who helps this guy out. If ya dont want to help him out move on and dont look back man.

true i dont have to send this guy money, and true i shouldnt care how yall spend yalls money. i just felt i should speak my mind on this issue.

that being said, i truely do feel sorry for this guy, i just think its over the top what you guys are doing. could be a good thing, could be a bad thing.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry, that sucks

I like your Beetle juice avatar
Old 06-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Banned

true i dont have to send this guy money, and true i shouldnt care how yall spend yalls money. i just felt i should speak my mind on this issue.

that being said, i truely do feel sorry for this guy, i just think its over the top what you guys are doing. could be a good thing, could be a bad thing.

Thanks for speaking your mind, hope you feel better now.

Have a nice day.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

good you guys spoke your opinions, like offaxis said move the fu** on save your opinions and dont look back , stay the hell out of tuffs post ..
Old 06-12-2006, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

I think its cool that yall are helping this kat out. Its no different then someone you know giving you a set of headers or a set of ralley wheels for your old chevy. Trey seems to be a little on the adolence side so guys dont get mad at him,he just needs a few more years under his belt.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Launching!

I don't see anything wrong with people coming together to help someone out, just for the hell of it. I've lost motors, and nobody ever helped me replace them, but that doesn't mean I'm going to start slinging profanity because everyone helped some other guy who lost a motor. How about "wow, that's really great that a bunch of people came together to help you out..." instead of "I can't believe you guys are giving this guy money..."

People can do what the want with their money, and nobody has the right to chastise somebody for helping someone else with their cash. Personally, I can't spare even a quarter right now, but if I didn't want to help for whatever reason, I'd simply stay out of it. I guess it's just one of those "if you don't have anything nice to say..." situations.

BTW, good luck Tuff!

Quick Reply: Blew my lme 408 shortblock