Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blew my lme 408 shortblock

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by malibu9in
I think its cool that yall are helping this kat out. Its no different then someone you know giving you a set of headers or a set of ralley wheels for your old chevy. Trey seems to be a little on the adolence side so guys dont get mad at him,he just needs a few more years under his belt.

true i am sitting on the younger end of the spectrum, so my views are gonna be fubar'd compared to you older more experienced kats.
sorry i sounded like a douche bag...
bump for u

trey
Old 06-12-2006, 10:02 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by Clipper
I don't see anything wrong with people coming together to help someone out, just for the hell of it. I've lost motors, and nobody ever helped me replace them, but that doesn't mean I'm going to start slinging profanity because everyone helped some other guy who lost a motor. How about "wow, that's really great that a bunch of people came together to help you out..." instead of "I can't believe you guys are giving this guy money..."

People can do what the want with their money, and nobody has the right to chastise somebody for helping someone else with their cash. Personally, I can't spare even a quarter right now, but if I didn't want to help for whatever reason, I'd simply stay out of it. I guess it's just one of those "if you don't have anything nice to say..." situations.

BTW, good luck Tuff!

Well put. I think it would be cool if the board came up with a hard luck of the month program. People could contribute and all put into a fund to help out some people who had a bad month or year. Helping out isn't a bad thing, not just for Tuff but for anyone. I could see if someone asked for a few hundo or something. But $5.00? How would that change anyones lifestyle?
Old 06-12-2006, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

andy, hows that ride running man ??i have'nt heard anything about it ??
Old 06-12-2006, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
I could see if someone asked for a few hundo or something. But $5.00? How would that change anyones lifestyle?

I had to get my coffee at the deli instead of starbucks today. LOL not that 5.00 would cover anything at a starbucks
Old 06-13-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Clipper
I don't see anything wrong with people coming together to help someone out, just for the hell of it. I've lost motors, and nobody ever helped me replace them, but that doesn't mean I'm going to start slinging profanity because everyone helped some other guy who lost a motor. How about "wow, that's really great that a bunch of people came together to help you out..." instead of "I can't believe you guys are giving this guy money..."

People can do what the want with their money, and nobody has the right to chastise somebody for helping someone else with their cash. Personally, I can't spare even a quarter right now, but if I didn't want to help for whatever reason, I'd simply stay out of it. I guess it's just one of those "if you don't have anything nice to say..." situations.

BTW, good luck Tuff!

I agree 100% and stopped by LastLS1s place of business today and dropped of my $5.00 cash donation to help TUFF out. YEAH, this is above the call of duty and what is typically done in this incosiderate world that we live in; however, I think its pretty cool that ANDY (last ls1) came up with this idea and people like myself our willing to help. Just think, if everybody kicked in .25 cents on LS1tech, TUFF would be able to rebuild a brand new engine and would be racing again with low 9 sec. something time slips or maybe even high 8s!.

Wouldn't that be pretty cool if you were sitting in his shoes and your fellow LSX gear heads out of the goodness out of their hearts stepped up when you would least expect it and put you back into the game? If you have nothing positive to add hear just move on and be the typical inconsiderate person that we all encounter everyday on the street, and keep your negative **** to yourself! If your not willing to help out on a thread that was started to help out a fellow LSX gear head hard core dragracer, stay clear of here and keep on contributing to the human race in your typical self absorbed fashion (with nothing postitve to help out somebody who you could be sitting in their same shoes)!.

If you weren't so close minded, maybe you would get help when you fragged your motor down the 1320!!

Last edited by MTI 427 C5 Roadster; 06-13-2006 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MTI 427 C5 Roadster
I agree 100% and stopped by LastLS1s place of business today and dropped of my $5.00 cash donation to help TUFF out. YEAH, this is above the call of duty and what is typically done in this incosiderate world that we live in; however, I think its pretty cool that ANDY (last ls1) came up with this idea and people like myself our willing to help. Just think, if everybody kicked in .25 cents on LS1tech, TUFF would be able to rebuild a brand new engine and would be racing again with low 9 sec. something time slips or maybe even high 8s!.

Wouldn't that be pretty cool if you were sitting in his shoes and your fellow LSX gear heads out of the goodness out of their hearts stepped up when you would least expect it and put you back into the game? If you have nothing positive to add hear just move on and be the typical inconsiderate person that we all encounter everyday on the street, and keep your negative **** to yourself! If your not willing to help out on a thread that was started to help out a fellow LSX gear head hard core dragracer, stay clear of here and keep on contributing to the human race in your typical self absorbed fashion (with nothing postitve to help out somebody who you could be sitting in their same shoes)!.

If you weren't so close minded, maybe you would get help when you fragged your motor down the 1320!!

WHEW!!!! Well said! We could never stop all the negative sh!$ in the world today but if each of us put our own little dent in it....... who knows!
Old 06-14-2006, 06:12 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Thanks to all the guys that chiped in trying to get me back to the track.And a special thanks to W2W for really helping out with my loss.W2W helped out with my loss and i have never done business with them.That really shows the professional side of there business thanks again and these are the thing i will never forget.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

sent my $10 in, hope everything goes OK for you Tuff!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:49 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

W2W !! Thanks.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:27 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tuff
Thanks to all the guys that chiped in trying to get me back to the track.And a special thanks to W2W for really helping out with my loss.W2W helped out with my loss and i have never done business with them.That really shows the professional side of there business thanks again and these are the thing i will never forget.
OUTSTANDING DEAL W2W
I know thats where my engine is going to be redone this winter. I made a big mistake not going to them in the first place.
live and learn
Old 06-15-2006, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tuff
That's awesome! Your luck seems to be really turning around.

Now if I can just find some of that luck maybe I can make a track pass this season
Old 06-15-2006, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

wow, I can see two sides on this. It's forums, so everyone's able to speak their minds.

But they did make credit cards for those bad days. **** does happen, is racing your full time job? Or is this a hobbie?
Old 06-15-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

WTF Tuffy?? I didnt know you were having a fundraiser.. Hell, You sold me a badass motor thats making waves here at this little butthole track, the least I can do is buy you a set of pistons... Hit me up with a PM if you need anymore parts..
Old 06-15-2006, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TchargedLS1TA
WTF Tuffy?? I didnt know you were having a fundraiser.. Hell, You sold me a badass motor thats making waves here at this little butthole track, the least I can do is buy you a set of pistons... Hit me up with a PM if you need anymore parts..
mikes on vacation for the week he will be back on wendsday dude , yeah we had the big melt down hes not very happy with it so i will let him know that you are asking for him to pm you . .

edit, sorry stated wrong its a bussiness trip, semenars .. no different its still paid for by the owner his dad..

by the way hows that motor working for you sounds good from your post what times have you gotten out of her ? , we were just talking about you and the motor . .if you dont want to post it please pm me with the times .. thanks man

Neil

Last edited by possessed1; 06-19-2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Banned

damn tuff... i'm REALLY sorry to hear about all that. maybe you should have bought my 402

j/k i definatley wouldn't want anything like that on my conscience.

i'm glad you got some helpe from W2W and some of the fellow racers!

godspeed and goodluck with the rest of the season.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

So far our best is a 11.09 all motor through a LS6 intake and stock PCM... Nitro Dave's is still working on the dual stage direct port on the FAST 90/90.. If this motor is all that and a bag of chips like Mike says it is, I'm looking to go 8's with a progressive dual stage 300 shot..
This is definately a well built motor and a steal of a price that he sold it to me for.. Im willing to give him a few bucks back for his loss anyday..
Old 06-15-2006, 08:07 PM
10 Second Club

so he's on vacation somewhere but he doesn't have money for a new motor???

What someone else said, use a credit card or take a second mtg. There's tons of options. If you want to play you have to know sooner or later you pay. That's racing.

I doubt he's gonna get much sympathy from this crowd, hell we've all been there but didn't cry about it asking other people to buy us new parts.

Just man up get a 2nd job or something. This is not the worst thing in the world.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

eh, had HE asked I wouldn't have sent anything, but it was sort of a fund raiser done for him, so I'm cool with it
Old 06-15-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM

What someone else said, use a credit card or take a second mtg. There's tons of options. If you want to play you have to know sooner or later you pay. That's racing.

I doubt he's gonna get much sympathy from this crowd, hell we've all been there but didn't cry about it asking other people to buy us new parts.

Just man up get a 2nd job or something. This is not the worst thing in the world.

he never asked for the money, other members of the board thought it a good deed to raise money for him.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM

his father paid for it jack *** ...

Quick Reply: Blew my lme 408 shortblock