Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blew my lme 408 shortblock

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by possessed1
LOL. if he was a full time racer then he would make the sponcers take care of this deal ..
exactly my point, than.

Not all full racers have sponsers starting out. Sponsers are earned.

I asked because if so, I would of sent money, but hes no different that all of us here.

It's a hobbie...........I will leave it at that.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stopped by in person to visit LASTLS1 at his place of buss. near my home and dropped off my $5.00 cash donation toward's TUFF'S new motor fund!
Old 06-21-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your motor Tuff! We are kinda in the same boat. I had my H/C motor in my sig blow after 4 months and I took out a loan to buy it and the supporting mods, and I am still paying on it while still trying to save for a budget 347. I have only got to drive my car for those 4 months out of the last 3 years. It never even made it to the track. It sucks alot and the many days I look at my car on jackstands and thinking about getting rid of it, I know I just need to stick it out and finish it. I hope things work out for you man! I would Paypal you some $$$ but some POS tried to steal my identity from my credit card and now I have to get a new Paypal account # When it rains it pours huh?
Old 06-22-2006, 06:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude, I am SOOO sorry, that annihilated that motor... =(
Old 06-28-2006, 09:03 AM
11 Second Club

So how is this going so far? i have been watching cause i think its a good thing for friends to help each other out. I turn wrenches and give parts to friends all the time... just the way we do things i guess..

but, i can understand why some of the haters are saying what they are saying.. cause there are guys out there (majority of members here) who save every penny they can to mod their cars and still couldnt afford to buy the intial set up Tuff had (346) let along the 408 he got just to go faster.. shlt, it took me 6 years before i was able to get a 408, and that was only because the stock short block let go LAST year. But even though no-one helped me pay for it, i know ill have freinds helping me install it and more importantly to me, TUNE IT... which will save me ALOT of money.. i dont see much difference, other than tuff has a freind that is VERY proactive in helping his budy out by helping raise money rather just helping save money...

Good Luck,
chris..

ps.. Im broke.. just paid my **** off.. but if its the thought that counts, put me in for $20

good luck
Old 06-28-2006, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we (LS1Tech) should really get a "Tuff Luck" fund going.. Kind of like a raffle, every dollar someone puts in buys them an entry ($5 = 5 entries). Then at the end of the year or month, or whenever, we give the money to a sponsor and have them build a motor, or a turbo kit or whatever, and raffle it off...
Old 06-28-2006, 10:29 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by TchargedLS1TA
I think we (LS1Tech) should really get a "Tuff Luck" fund going.. Kind of like a raffle, every dollar someone puts in buys them an entry ($5 = 5 entries). Then at the end of the year or month, or whenever, we give the money to a sponsor and have them build a motor, or a turbo kit or whatever, and raffle it off...

I didn't raise as much as much as I thought I would. Oh well, I tried. I sent the money to the machine shop. I matched 150% of what everyone donated. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED!!! He will get the car out before the end of the summer.

Quick Reply: Blew my lme 408 shortblock