Sponsored by:

AZPS 03 Cam

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c5_ls1_6spd
i wonder if the azps 03 cam is similar to the ms4
i have this gut feeling that it is.......i wish those ms4 owners would hurry up and post their numbers..........
Unless someone copied our cam, they wont be. Specs at .050 mean absolutely nothing and ive personally watched two cams with identicle specs dyno 20 rwhp apart. The ONLY way to copy one of my cams is doctoring one as the specs will tell you nothing and our grinds arent listed in any catalog
Old 06-30-2006, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

what LSA's can the azps 03 be grinded on?
we only grind our cams one way... we researched the best combination and thats the only way they come!
Old 06-30-2006, 01:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Y2K1 SS 5.0 THIS
Unless someone copied our cam, they wont be. Specs at .050 mean absolutely nothing and ive personally watched two cams with identicle specs dyno 20 rwhp apart. The ONLY way to copy one of my cams is doctoring one as the specs will tell you nothing and our grinds arent listed in any catalog

why don't you deliver (mail order) to the other 49 states? I want an azps 03 cam, but i can't drive to AZ.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

why don't you deliver (mail order) to the other 49 states? I want an azps 03 cam, but i can't drive to AZ.
There are quite a few reasons why... Mainly the following:
1 ) a certain few companies known for nothing other then copying other companies cams and mass producing them would have it within days

2 ) mis matched combos with guys trying to save money (ie cheap springs etc) would end up blowing up, and of course pointing fingers at the cam company, cam grinder, wrong specs etc, never admitting their own fault, but starting a huge ordeal on the web (we have seen this a million times already)

3 ) improper installation or mismatching of supporting mods IE cheap headers, LS1 intake, stock or hacked exhaust, installing a tooth off, etc would make low numbers, then some thread would explode saying how the numbers we make are false, our cams are dyno queens etc

4 ) we put a TON of R&D into these cams between installing them in all our cars, dynoing, trying different supporting mods, making small changes, checking vacuum and drivability etc and to be honest there is literally no money in selling cams or valvetrain because of the internet market, so all that R&D we did would make us nothing but allow our specs to get out to competitors who have no problem selling mismatched valvetrain etc.

Between all that, id LOVE to see our cams all over the place in everyones cars, but there is just a lot of risk for bad media and a let down for all the hard work we did... here in the shop when a car comes in, we organize each package to make the most power it can make with the correct supporting mods... besides research on the cams, we also did a TON on everyones line of products such as FASTs intakes, headers from every company, exhausts from every company etc.
Just as an example a properly matched FBody combo we did made 422 rwhp with headers, our custom true dual exhaust, lid and AZPS02 cam, while other locals using "cheaper" headers, a cat back or similar design exhaust etc made low 400s. We design all our products around our cams and when cars come in to buy our entire AZPS 500BHP pack, or 550, 650 or even 750, we have repeatable results with ever car. id say 95% of the GTOs that leave here all dyno within 4-5 rwhp of each other, difference being hot or cool day!

so I hope you guys understand were not just trying to be secret squirrel about our cams, were just protecting our investment and making sure the packages we sell perform as we advertise them to!
Old 06-30-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

AZPS sucks!!! j/k Mikey, you know who loves ya These guys do awesome work, I have known Mike for a while and seen him grow and do all the research on these cams, etc, their cars make some nice power!!! It's worth the drive/ship/flight
Old 06-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Orange Peel
AZPS sucks!!! j/k Mikey, you know who loves ya These guys do awesome work, I have known Mike for a while and seen him grow and do all the research on these cams, etc, their cars make some nice power!!! It's worth the drive/ship/flight

as much as im admiring the azps 03 cam right now, i can't drive or ship my car to AZ to do a cam swap. therefore, i have to move on and just be satisfied with my MS3. Thanks for all the information guys.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

As far as the cam specs being secret, get over it. If you dont like it, take it up with Ed Curtis or EDC on this board.[/QUOTE]

Some people like to know the specs before they throw a huge cam in there car.

Don't get over it bud. If they won't tell you the specs don't buy. I'm sure that Mike @ AZ pwr and sound will tell you the specs before they throw it in your car. Also they have installed enough of these cams now to know exactly how they act on the street/strip. Mike also carries other cams and may be able to compare some of the street manners and pwr characteristics.

Good luck. hope you pic the right cam the first time.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How long does it take for an install?
Old 07-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

2 days ushually and it will be ready to go.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

im sure at some time the sponsor police are going to jump on this one... I guess sign us up for sponsorship if that happens
Old 07-02-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
As far as the cam specs being secret, get over it. If you dont like it, take it up with Ed Curtis or EDC on this board.
DO NOT take anything up with me.... I'm not talking!

AZPS has their own proprietary camshafts and no one else is entitled to their data or their efforts. There are way too many "lazy-***" shops stealing designs and then getting inferior clones made up in Mexico, just to rip off the consumers for a few extra bucks!

Ed
Old 07-02-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jophis37
As far as the cam specs being secret, get over it. If you dont like it, take it up with Ed Curtis or EDC on this board.

Some people like to know the specs before they throw a huge cam in there car.

Don't get over it bud. If they won't tell you the specs don't buy. I'm sure that Mike @ AZ pwr and sound will tell you the specs before they throw it in your car. Also they have installed enough of these cams now to know exactly how they act on the street/strip. Mike also carries other cams and may be able to compare some of the street manners and pwr characteristics.

Good luck. hope you pic the right cam the first time.
I have a beef with LGM about this issue because they sell the cam outright and won't release specs.
However if the shop wants to keep them secret, but only does installed sale, I have no problem with that. Because then it is the shop's responsability if anything goes wrong. That is the way LGM should do it.
AZ Pwr. seem to have their Biz ethics together.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AZ Power & Sound
im sure at some time the sponsor police are going to jump on this one... I guess sign us up for sponsorship if that happens
I'm surprised it's lasted six pages lol.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

i've only got the little AZPS02 cam. hehe
Old 04-15-2007, 05:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
I'll bet it doesnt

Wrong again there buddy

Again, WRONG.

The x3 will make more power under the curve compaired to the ms3 but it wont be by much. I went from an x3 on a 112 to a azps03 and picked up power EVERYWHERE. As far as the cam specs being secret, get over it. If you dont like it, take it up with Ed Curtis or EDC on this board.
Now I'm not sure but I believe the AZPS03 is a 240/244 111LSA (similar to G5x4)
Old 04-15-2007, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Now I'm not sure but I believe the AZPS03 is a 240/244 111LSA (similar to G5x4)
No sir
Old 04-15-2007, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

It's only a cam. I'm sure Predator could spec out something better.

Quick Reply: AZPS 03 Cam