Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gt2-3 or tr cheatr

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gt2-3 or tr cheatr

I am considering buying a camshaft and i have decided i want to go with a sleeper style cam and i have broughten my thoughts down to the gt2-3 or tr's cheatr cam.

Im also looking to get to as close to 400 beautiful ponies as possible with just bolt ons but for now the camshaft shall go in first, then the stall and so on.

Now from what i have read and somewhat seen so far is that either camshaft can and will run on a stock converter and manifolds but certinaly will run better with the upgrades

As of now i have ftra, 3.73's, bellow, slp lm with all the free mods
through an A4

What do you guys think would be the best for me and yes i have looked into other options and these are the 2 that i picked but i am open to all opinions as i am not that well with the camshafts

Future mods, pacesetters lt's, ls6 intake, stall and ory and that would be it

assistance appreciated
Old 07-02-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if you look at my sig you'll see that its probably going to be very difficult to get 400rwhp out of either of those cams with bolt-ons through an auto. However, I'd say go with the Lingenfelter if your going to go FI down the road and if you want to make more power N/A go with the TR Cheater cam.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

what would be a cam for me if not a cheater then with good low mid and high rang in power, i dont really want to push that many rpm's
Old 07-02-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

what are the long term goals of the car? do you plan on running headers later? if so then the cheaTR is not your choice, try a TR224 if you dont want something too radical
Old 07-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The GT2-3 won't get you to 400rwhp without heads. Numbers in sig for mine
Old 07-02-2006, 08:00 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at MTI's Stealth cam(s).
Also, the CheaTR puts down decent numbers with LT headers to boot.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Detroitmuscle
Well if you look at my sig you'll see that its probably going to be very difficult to get 400rwhp out of either of those cams with bolt-ons through an auto. However, I'd say go with the Lingenfelter if your going to go FI down the road and if you want to make more power N/A go with the TR Cheater cam.
May I ask why you say this about the staying N/A with cheaTR its quite close to TRs blower cam grind.

I've read about cams and asume it would be great for F/I duty.

I'm not sure exactly the specs on the LPE cam though, i'm sure it would be ok for boost as well.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Detroitmuscle - Well if you look at my sig you'll see that its probably going to be very difficult to get 400rwhp out of either of those cams with bolt-ons through an auto. However, I'd say go with the Lingenfelter if your going to go FI down the road and if you want to make more power N/A go with the TR Cheater cam.[/QUOTE]

as much as i would like to FI is not in the near future for me as i have a child on the way.

SSilverSSurfer - what are the long term goals of the car? do you plan on running headers later? if so then the cheaTR is not your choice, try a TR224 if you dont want something too radical

yes headers are in the near future, and im not really worried about radicalness i was just pondering on those cams because the cops here are strict and getting worse by the day cause of stupid , but then again for my needs its not necessary

basically its a dd and will see track time once or twice a month would like to get into the mid to high 7's n the 8th that is and was thinking well even if i didnt do headers the gt2-3 or the tr cheatr and a nice 3200 3500 stall would do the trick