Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bosch plugs

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bosch plugs

i probably should have asked this question before i did it, but i just stuck some bosch platinum 4's in my car. i needed some pugs bad, and i wanted something besides acdelco, so i figured id try em. how well do these do with an ls1...any issues?...will they be ok for nos?...i will be running it soon.
so far its great.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FL Junkie
i probably should have asked this question before i did it, but i just stuck some bosch platinum 4's in my car. i needed some pugs bad, and i wanted something besides acdelco, so i figured id try em. how well do these do with an ls1...any issues?...will they be ok for nos?...i will be running it soon.
so far its great.
platinum tipped plugs are NOT good for nitrous.

do a search for bosch plugs and you'll find a thread from maybe December-January where there are a bunch of people who do not like them.
i've heard several automotive experts say that Bosch plugs do not work well in GM products.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:03 AM
Launching!

I hate Bosch spark plugs had them in my DD and the car ran like crap. Never again.
Now I use NGK's in all my cars
Old 08-22-2006, 10:22 AM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

go with some tr55's or tr6 if you are spraying and stuff. the 2,3,4 pronged plugs are just an advertisment scheme, electricity takes the path of least resistance so, that being said, theres only one path of least resistance so you only need one prong. waste of time IMO, stick with NGK
Old 08-22-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i been running bosch +4 platinums in my car almost since i got it, they work great for n/a but there not the one's to use for nitrous. the best thing about the ngk's are the fit and quality(thats about the only good thing i can say about them, i never had one come loose. but i had more fouled ngk plugs then any other brand no matter what they were in dirtbike, car etc. ). i think there performance is sub par to just about any other plug i can think of.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Regular

We ferquently have cars come in at my father's shop that have poor cylinder performance and missing problems, and in almost eveyone that has had Bosch plugs installed in them, once they're removed and NGKs, Denso or Autolites (depending on the car) are installed the problem goes away.

In my car I run Denso Iridium plugs.