Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What size drill bit for TB with Hammer cam

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 11:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What size drill bit for TB with Hammer cam

I'm finishing up my install of the hammer cam and need to no what size drill bit I need to drill in the throttle body.
Raughammers site is down at the moment or I would have gotten the info from him.
Thanks
Old 11-28-2001, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: What size drill bit for TB with Hammer cam

13/64
Old 11-28-2001, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just want it to be said that a different size seems to work best for each engine.... I put essentially the same cams in several cars adn they each took a different drill bit. Start really small and drive it for a little while before moving to the next one. The car does adjust itself over a day or two of driving. On the SS I went too far because I didnt drive it for awhile between each size, adn I overshot it by aways and had to start over again with some JB weld. On the C5, I started off slowly, drove it a couple days between each size, and now its totally spot on. THe trick is to watch the speed that the engine turns when you are coasting at 10-20 mph with the clutch in. I dont think thats as adaptive as other idle #s, and getting that around 900-1100 rpm is the trick. Once you get the coasting RPM at that level, you know the rest of the system will be happy.

Chris
Old 11-29-2001, 12:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

really you just gotta start small and go up till the IAC count is where you want it