Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has 3rd Party Extended Warranty? Intercontinental? Allstate? Fidelity?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who has 3rd Party Extended Warranty? Intercontinental? Allstate? Fidelity?

Anyone use Intercontinental, Allstate or Fidelity?
Ever have ANY problems with a warranty claim?
Anyone find is Easier to have warranty repairs approved thru a Chevy Dealer with a non-GM Ext Warranty that pays Full Shop Rate?

Anyone take their car to their local speed-shop, non-Chevy for 3rd Party Warranty work?

Am considering a 3rd Party for some of the implied reasons above and just wanted some real world experience! I heard good things from my Service Writer about the above 3rd parties.

Thx!
Old 12-06-2001, 11:28 AM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Who has 3rd Party Extended Warranty? Intercontinental? Allstate? Fidelity?

Mello, I've got warrany gold. I have only used it for some AC repairs at an independent shop, but once approved they payed up promptly by credit card. If you have a particular dealer/shop where you want your work done, check out their recommendations.
The caveat is if it's extensive engine damage, for example, they have a right to send a rep to look over the parts and determine if you've changed the oil regularly (no oilpan full of sludge).
I'm not sure whom, if anyone, will cover extensively modded engines, etc. I'm just hoping they will be there if the trans or diff goes.