Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap, Inline Electric Waterpump - PICTURES!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cheap, Inline Electric Waterpump - PICTURES!

No, it is streetable. I slip on the crank/alt. belt and drive it down the street with no problems. You don't have power steering, so driving with the stock tires is a chore, but putting on the skinnies lightens it up a bit.

The earlier replys were saying that they would not rely on the EWP for cooling the engine continuously, in lieu of the stock water pump. What if the EWP failed! If you did'nt have the stock pump availble, you'd be screwed.

That's the beauty of this pump, or Terry's pump. They don't get rid of the stock pump so you have the stock as a backup or as the primary pump. You can run it in place of the stock pump if you want, or switch between the two. If you're running the EWP and it fails just take off the crank/alt. belt and put the serpentine back on, you good to go with the stock pump.

The electronic controller is a nice add-on to the pump but not necessary. I just use a toggle switch to control it, on or off. I don't have a thermostat installed and it does not affect the engine negatively with the stock pump or EWP running the coolant. My engine temp with the EWP running the coolant has never exceeded 200'F and most of the time it's around 185-190'F.

Hope this clears it up, Randy

Quick Reply: Cheap, Inline Electric Waterpump - PICTURES!