Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looky, Looky.. UPS Man was Good To Me

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

brown truck dropping my off tomorrow, YAY!
Old 01-30-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bastien
brown truck dropping my off tomorrow, YAY!

specs???
Old 01-30-2007, 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
specs???
TSP torquer 2
Old 01-30-2007, 05:23 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

nice cam choice bro, mine is very close to yours in sig
Old 01-30-2007, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

I had that same cam in my z28 only +2, I had true dual o/r h with sweet thunders dumped.... sounds NASTY Im sure your car will sound the same way, get ready to enjoy the disgust/confusion on everyone's face when u pull up. I miss that sometimes as the new car is quiet, but oh well I wouldn't go back now. Are u on stock gears? I had 4.10s and mine still surged down low but the idle was at 850 cus I loved the sound. Good luck and I wanna see some numbers when your done.

here is a little vid of my first startup View Video on FQuick

Last edited by okls1; 01-30-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by okls1
I had that same cam in my z28 only +2, I had true dual o/r h with sweet thunders dumped.... sounds NASTY Im sure your car will sound the same way, get ready to enjoy the disgust/confusion on everyone's face when u pull up. I miss that sometimes as the new car is quiet, but oh well I wouldn't go back now. Are u on stock gears? I had 4.10s and mine still surged down low but the idle was at 850 cus I loved the sound. Good luck and I wanna see some numbers when your done.

here is a little vid of my first startup View Video on FQuick

Ohh yea i have that sound clip saved when you were selling your car

Honetly how was the power with it? When did it kick in, anything that you can think of would be great! Yes i am on stock gears for.. 3.42s M6 car...

i will post up the numbers. BTW what did you make? and what mods did you have
Old 01-31-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by pdd

Originally Posted by pdd

how do you like it on the street? How does it feel over all. When do yuo say the power comes in?
Old 01-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Cant wait to see some numbers!!
Old 01-31-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Gilty1

hopefully by next saturday i will the numbers.. Providing that the car will be done
Old 01-31-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gilty1
+1 i am trying to decide if i want to go with this cam or the torquer 2. Good thing i have a Loooooong time to figure it out
Old 01-31-2007, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

Honetly how was the power with it? When did it kick in, anything that you can think of would be great! Yes i am on stock gears for.. 3.42s M6 car...
i will post up the numbers. BTW what did you make? and what mods did you have
Power was VERY nice, it pulls very hard the whole way, but my cam was retarded even dot to dot for some reason. You are +4 so shouldn't be as big of a concern but if u can degree it to ensure proper valve events. Lower gears would probably help you, mine was 4.10s in a 10 bolt but then traction goes out the window lol. I made 390/366 at the tires with lt's, 3in. o/r h, sweet thunders, tsp lid, bo white ported tb, the 4.10s. NO pulley or anything, but like you can see from the graph even my cam was retarded from what it should have been, but still pulled real nice. Here is the graph, notice how it is still slightly gaining at 6500... Oh and the a/f is not right it read wrong because could not get the sniffer in the right place due to the dumps.

It sounds like u have done your research and have it all in order. Are you doing the swap? Just make sure you get a good tune, because mine was not happy at first and still had surging like I said, but I didn't bother fixing it. You will love the cam, great power and sounds amazing.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the "106 intake centerline" and "110 lobe separation angle" is your 110+4...it's on your cam card.

install the cam dot to dot. that looks to be a GREAT cam, i am very anxious to see results on it, as i would call it the best "middle of the road" cam to have...except maybe i'd close the intake valve a little sooner with a 224* intake duration @ 50.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by s346k
the "106 intake centerline" and "110 lobe separation angle" is your 110+4...it's on your cam card.

install the cam dot to dot. that looks to be a GREAT cam, i am very anxious to see results on it, as i would call it the best "middle of the road" cam to have...except maybe i'd close the intake valve a little sooner with a 224* intake duration @ 50.

yea you're right. would have raised my DCR from 8.2 to 8.4

Ahh ohh well little late now.. it will still be fine... And yes installing it dot to dot.

Thanks for the info.. SHould still be a great cam
Old 01-31-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Power was VERY nice, it pulls very hard the whole way, but my cam was retarded even dot to dot for some reason. You are +4 so shouldn't be as big of a concern but if u can degree it to ensure proper valve events. Lower gears would probably help you, mine was 4.10s in a 10 bolt but then traction goes out the window lol. I made 390/366 at the tires with lt's, 3in. o/r h, sweet thunders, tsp lid, bo white ported tb, the 4.10s. NO pulley or anything, but like you can see from the graph even my cam was retarded from what it should have been, but still pulled real nice. Here is the graph, notice how it is still slightly gaining at 6500... Oh and the a/f is not right it read wrong because could not get the sniffer in the right place due to the dumps.

It sounds like u have done your research and have it all in order. Are you doing the swap? Just make sure you get a good tune, because mine was not happy at first and still had surging like I said, but I didn't bother fixing it. You will love the cam, great power and sounds amazing.

I am hoping to make 400 at the rears. i have all the mods you have, except i will be doing a pulley.... All my mods are in sig... What do you mean your cam was retarted? are you talking about installing it? Yea i am going to be doing 4.10s. But how will the cam act with my 3.42s??? **** i know some people that are runinga stall and bigger duartions with 2.73

I should get the right A:F.. my TDs are ran out the back... But yes i did my reasearch. and lots of it too.. Not i am not doing the swap. It is going to StraightLine here in IL. They are good tuners, so hopefully they can get it down pat????

Thanks for all the positive feedback
Old 01-31-2007, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

The cam was retarded for the intended grind. When installing dot to dot with a small advance like the +2 I had, it is possible for the cam to be advanced or retarded. Basically my cam was probably more like a 110-2 or something. Giving it 112icl or maybe more. I was told that it happens with some ls1's because the tolerances in the motor are loose enough to allow this to happen Thus you should DEGREE the cam using a degree wheel to insure the intended valve events are going to take place. There is a guy pewterme I believe, has a pewter vette with the same cam I did. He was not happy with tq after his install, and had it done again only degreed and he picked up like 20ft/lbs at the tires. He made around 382/380 I think.... His original numbers were like 390/356 or something. I could tell mine was retarded cus it didnt seem to peak even at 6600 rpm just flat there and it made poor torque from a "torque" cam. I would say if they can degree it, have them do it so its right the first time.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

The cam was retarded for the intended grind. When installing dot to dot with a small advance like the +2 I had, it is possible for the cam to be advanced or retarded. Basically my cam was probably more like a 110-2 or something. Giving it 112icl or maybe more. I was told that it happens with some ls1's because the tolerances in the motor are loose enough to allow this to happen Thus you should DEGREE the cam using a degree wheel to insure the intended valve events are going to take place. There is a guy pewterme I believe, has a pewter vette with the same cam I did. He was not happy with tq after his install, and had it done again only degreed and he picked up like 20ft/lbs at the tires. He made around 382/380 I think.... His original numbers were like 390/356 or something. I could tell mine was retarded cus it didnt seem to peak even at 6600 rpm just flat there and it made poor torque from a "torque" cam. I would say if they can degree it, have them do it so its right the first time.

If i am not mistaking. the whole point of the +4 grounded in is so that it will ensure proper VE when installed DOT TO DOT??? if you isntall iusing a degreeign wheel and line it up at +4, wont then be a +8???? Maybe some how it was installed wrong on your car

Let me know
Old 01-31-2007, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

If i am not mistaking. the whole point of the +4 grounded in is so that it will ensure proper VE when installed DOT TO DOT??? if you isntall iusing a degreeign wheel and line it up at +4, wont then be a +8???? Maybe some how it was installed wrong on your car

Let me know
your cam has 4 ground into it, line up dot to dot for your 106ICL. if you degree it 4 degrees from dots on install it will be 102ICL.

After you install it you can still verify ICL with a degree wheel.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Yes the +4 ground into your cam can not be changed, but when it is installed into the motor the cam may not line up perfectly to give u that +4. It is possible for it to be off a litte, thus retarding or advancing the cam from what it should be. In the cam sticky at the bottom is a writeup about degreeing the cam. Basically you check to make sure it is going to be on the right icl and what not. If its not, then you use an adj. timing chain to set it properly. You could advance more with this method as well like you said makiing it more then +4. I installed the cam and it was dot to dot, even have a picture to prove it lol. Degreeing the cam is just a good idea because you buy the cam to perform a certain way, and that just makes sure it will.

Im not saying to advance it more with degree wheel, just check to make sure you get the 106icl desired, and if not make adjustments to correct that.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Im not saying to advance it more with degree wheel, just check to make sure you get the 106icl desired, and if not make adjustments to correct that.
Always a good idea to verify it.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

i am sure the shop will do that.. Thanks for the info