Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well i just got my car back after 2 months and now its back in the shop!!! lol...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well i just got my car back after 2 months and now its back in the shop!!! lol...

welp i took my car into the shop a little over 2 months ago. i bent all the intake valves after i messed up on the cam install so i decided to upgrade the heads while they were off the car. i also threw on some dynatech racing headers and an x pipe with turndowns. so i get the car back on wednesday and tear it up all night. somewhere around 1 in the morning 3rd and 4th gear go completely to ****, so i take the car home. so i drive back to the shop at 65mph at around 5,500rpms. wow did that suck and half way there i lost 2nd gear and had to pretty much drive on the side of the high way at about 35mph. i have a shift kit in the car so i think that has something to do with it. so my car is gonna pry be in the shop another month and its my daily driver...yah i'm pissed...anyways there's no point to this post just letting whoever cares know. shift kits suck btw, don't get one. later.
Old 06-28-2002, 11:20 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: well i just got my car back after 2 months and now its back in the shop!!! lol...

I am sorry to hear that dude.. I hope it works out..
Old 06-29-2002, 01:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: well i just got my car back after 2 months and now its back in the shop!!! lol...

the shifts kits dont mix well with these 4l60e's. lots have had problems with them, i wish there was a way to get this info out to people not to purchase them but, that seems to be the way thing go, in cycle's.

steve frank
Old 06-29-2002, 08:35 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BS!!
I'm sick and tired of guy on here telling people that a shift kit isnt a good mod.If its installed properly its a superb mod for a 4L60E...

JS