Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken head. (56k warning)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
You can shoot me a pic of the heads looking down the runner and I can tell you what heads you have.
Hey Jon,

We talked on the phone last fri/mon and I emailed you the pics. Thanks for clearing everything up for me. I shot Jason a PM about setting up an exchange and I am just waiting on his response. The heads are packaged up and rdy to ship on my end.

Thanks again for taking the time to look at pics and explain everything to me,
- J
Old 02-22-2007, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Great customer service!! i just placed an order for some heads today as well. thanks for explaining everything to me.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Texas Speed = God-like Status
Old 02-26-2007, 07:05 AM
12 Second Club

Ttt
Old 02-26-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow... when I first read this post TSP ***ALMOST*** lost a sale, but when I saw how quickly and professionally it was handled I'm definitely buying from TSP again!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Yep, TSP is one of if not THE best in the business. Their Products are always top notch and the support is amazing.

Keep up the good work TSP.........you guys are going places fast!

As soon as I'm ready to jump into a H/C package for the TA you know where I'll be going for parts.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

TSP FTW!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Regular

wow thats crazy. Reguardless of all the great claims, i have seen a handfull of my friends have issues with PRC heads. The whole "ls6 STYLE" phrase reminds me of knock off stuff found on ebay. The price is was draws the interest/buyers along with decent dyno graphs. Thats my take on it. bottom line is, this kinda **** shouldnt be happening unless your making obscene HP and you detonated on that cylinder.
Like i always say, go hard or go home and if you cant do it right the first time, how you going to find time to do it right the second?
Old 02-26-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've made quite a few purchases from TSP over the years. They have very competitive prices, quality products and good customer service. If you try to save a few dollars buying on E-bay rather than using a LS1Tech sponsor like TSP you're probably going to get what you ask for. When I need parts I go to the sponsors list immediately without even considering E-bay.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

would rather have a swift kick in the nutz than have that.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Launching!

ive called texas speed about 5000 times over the last month. their customer service is top of the line. i know for a fact if i call them that john will be there ready... lol... i got my whole package from them

heads
cam
intake
headers
clutch

they deffinitely have their **** together- and thats saying something comeing from a hot head like me.... lol

mike
Old 02-26-2007, 09:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hi Volume
wow thats crazy. Reguardless of all the great claims, i have seen a handfull of my friends have issues with PRC heads. The whole "ls6 STYLE" phrase reminds me of knock off stuff found on ebay. The price is was draws the interest/buyers along with decent dyno graphs. Thats my take on it. bottom line is, this kinda **** shouldnt be happening unless your making obscene HP and you detonated on that cylinder.
Like i always say, go hard or go home and if you cant do it right the first time, how you going to find time to do it right the second?
haha...that post right there shows exactly how much you DON'T know! HP or detonation have absolutely nothing to do with it. It is caused by core-shift between castings. Anyone who has "gone hard" knows that you are going to break things from time to time. The problem has been addressed and is no longer an issue. Anyone who has had a problem with breaking a head has been taken care of with a replacement set of heads. Our heads aren't LS6-style...they're LS6 heads. They are actually LS2/LS6 heads since they are one in the same, and these are what our NEW castings derive from. You're just beating a dead horse. We've addressed the problem with a completely different runner, and our customers have been taken care of. How does that remind you of eBay? eBay is when you get screwed and left out to dry. We just rebuilt a customer's eBay short-block that had to have the block replaced. The "company" that he purchased it from is no longer in business...big surprise. We're here to stay, and we're here to take care of our customers. Our business is continually growing largely because of this, so your comments are meaningless. If you had taken the time to read any of our posts in this thread, I don't think you would have posted.

Let me sum this up for you:

1. We remedied the problem with our previous port by designing a completely new port.

2. We have taken care of the few customers that have developed any problems.

3. We have ALWAYS helped our customers in every way before and after the sale. When in doubt, feel free to fully read this thread.

4. You're officially beating a dead horse.

Anytime you would like to stop in and check out our facility feel free to do so. We have added another 5-axis CNC machine to our cylinder head shop, and you can see exactly what goes into these heads. I don't think our $60,000 valve job machine qualifies our cylinder heads as "knock off stuff found on ebay". That's one of many top-of-the-line machines we use to produce our cylinder heads.

Feel free to give me a call if you'd like to discuss this further.

Jon
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 02-26-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
haha...that post right there shows exactly how much you DON'T know! HP or detonation have absolutely nothing to do with it. It is caused by core-shift between castings. Anyone who has "gone hard" knows that you are going to break things from time to time. The problem has been addressed and is no longer an issue. Anyone who has had a problem with breaking a head has been taken care of with a replacement set of heads. Our heads aren't LS6-style...they're LS6 heads. They are actually LS2/LS6 heads since they are one in the same, and these are what our NEW castings derive from. You're just beating a dead horse. We've addressed the problem with a completely different runner, and our customers have been taken care of. How does that remind you of eBay? eBay is when you get screwed and left out to dry. We just rebuilt a customer's eBay short-block that had to have the block replaced. The "company" that he purchased it from is no longer in business...big surprise. We're here to stay, and we're here to take care of our customers. Our business is continually growing largely because of this, so your comments are meaningless. If you had taken the time to read any of our posts in this thread, I don't think you would have posted.

Let me sum this up for you:

1. We remedied the problem with our previous port by designing a completely new port.

2. We have taken care of the few customers that have developed any problems.

3. We have ALWAYS helped our customers in every way before and after the sale. When in doubt, feel free to fully read this thread.

4. You're officially beating a dead horse.

Anytime you would like to stop in and check out our facility feel free to do so. We have added another 5-axis CNC machine to our cylinder head shop, and you can see exactly what goes into these heads. I don't think our $60,000 valve job machine qualifies our cylinder heads as "knock off stuff found on ebay". That's one of many top-of-the-line machines we use to produce our cylinder heads.

Feel free to give me a call if you'd like to discuss this further.

Jon
Texas Speed & Performance
If i ever need a new set of heads TSP will have my business!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Placed my order today for PRC LS6 Heads. Customer service in these types of situations are one of the reasons...
Old 02-26-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

Glad to see TSP taking care of their customers and getting them back on the road...thats great customer service. I hope my little hick up with my Termy heads stays that way...a hick up.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

The customer service that TSP provides to its customers is by a long run the best I have seen yet. I spent alot of time on the phone with Jon and Jason within the last few weeks. My problem wasn't even related to the products or anything that I bought from them. Even though it had nothing to do with any of that stuff they still BENT OVER BACKWARDS to do whatever it took to find the problem and help me resolve it. People would witness a miracle if every other company provided customer service the way they do. Hands down as far as I am concerned as long as TSP is in business they will get my business 100%.

To Jon, Jason, Brian, and everyone else at TSP keep up the great work!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:53 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
There's not enough heads failing to worry about it by any means. I welded some of the castings just for cheap insurance until I could finish up the smaller port.

It wasn't easy getting the smaller port to move the huge air that the previous head did, but we got it done.

The only heads that had problems were a select few ls6 castings that just had enough core shift that the rocker area wasn't thick enough.

I've never had 1 set of 5.3l or new port ls6 heads come back for any reason. As a result I'm just swap out any of the guys that had this issue.
I have these heads running on ALOT of cars here in SA with the reinforced welds and they run flawless and make 430 rwhp + TSP is a great company!

JMG
Lethal
Old 03-01-2007, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

Just got off the phone with Jon ...

TSP will be taking care of everything for me.

TTT one last time so ppl can see TSPs great customer service.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

I have purchased everything on my car from thtem and I will never shop anywhere else. These guys are the best.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

I'm glad i read this all they way through cause you have a pending purchase right here Jon. just as soon as i get the money saved up. will be purchasing MS4/PRC Stage 1's with your ported oil pump, pushrods, and comp r lifters. work at a dealership so i'll get the gaskets myself