Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Misfire question after heads and cam install

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Misfire question after heads and cam install

I just did a heads and cam install and the car keeps having misfire issues on #1
I took out the plug and it is soaked with gas.. and very clean. so I took another plug and just connected it to the wire and started the car... it has spark. so I changed the plug assuming it was bad
same problem still. I had 16,000 misfires on this plug alone. Any ideas or feedback would be great.....

so here is what I know
#1 is getting spark and fuel but for some reason its not firing.. these are 6.0ltr truck heads with ferrea valves and a gtp 220 cam

could it just be a busted 918 right off the bat?
Old 07-17-2002, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Default Re: Misfire question after heads and cam install

I am having the same trouble as you, all i did was a cam swap. Now I have a misfire code in the PCM, but mine is doing it on all cylinders. When I first start my car, wether its hot or cold, it always pops and sputters for like 15 to 30 seconds. I assume my problem might be that my car is just running really rich, but I dont know that for sure.
Old 07-17-2002, 03:12 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm actually getting the same symptoms. Cylinder 1 is having a high misfire count, lots of gas and appears to have spark. I'm having the injectors cleaned right now. I did a head and cam swap, as well as tuning.

I'm going to take the valve cover off here shortly and see what's going on under there next.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

i will be doing the same in about 1 hour

maybe i didnt seat the pushrod in the lifter and the intake side isnt opening???? or maybe its a busted spring already........ i did notice that the rocker was a bit off center but i thought it would even out after i started it....
Old 03-22-2010, 02:43 AM
On The Tree

I am having the EXACT same problem!!!! Does anyone have a theory for this problem, I am out of options right now. Like the guy before me, I have spark to the plug and coil