Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS4 110 Lsa First start up

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007 | 07:07 AM
12 Second Club

Did you seriously just come back to a 5 day old thread to make 5 individual posts? Good job buddy.
Old 03-23-2007 | 07:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 93camaro_zzz
Did you seriously just come back to a 5 day old thread to make 5 individual posts? Good job buddy.
Yeah i havent read it yet, so what if its 5 dayd old? What do you care? People have brought year old threads back up, whats your point? I didnt even know it was 5 days old, it was linked somewhere else. Let my nutz go man.
Old 03-23-2007 | 09:40 AM
Banned

I read all pages of this thread and all I can say, PREDATOR-Z you're the MAN.
Old 03-23-2007 | 09:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bluecamaroz28
PREDATOR-Z you're the MAN.
Yeah he knows what he is talking about when it comes anything valvetrain related.
Old 03-23-2007 | 01:14 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by KrisXpc
When the car will be tuned, this cam will not spin over 6350 if I can help it.

-Kris
then why did you go with such a large cam
Old 03-23-2007 | 01:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jrp
WFT is the point of buying a cam that shines well past 6500 when you will only spin it to 6350?
Old 03-23-2007 | 04:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jrp
Same thing I was wondering. Why are you going to keep running this setup? I don't care if someone sells a thousand cams a day, there is no way I would run this without checking clearance. Do you think Predator came in here to stir **** up? He knows what he is talking about, and he tried to make your deal safe to run the way it is supposed to, not letting off at 6300.
Old 03-23-2007 | 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98RedZone
Same thing I was wondering. Why are you going to keep running this setup? I don't care if someone sells a thousand cams a day, there is no way I would run this without checking clearance. Do you think Predator came in here to stir **** up? He knows what he is talking about, and he tried to make your deal safe to run the way it is supposed to, not letting off at 6300.
Originally Posted by brad8266
WFT is the point of buying a cam that shines well past 6500 when you will only spin it to 6350?

People...

This is my project car. I will do with it as I please.... Ive heard quite enough..

Stop beating a dead horse...

So I have a cam to build my motor around? Big deal...

Read the whole thread before you come in and start rambling...

Last edited by KrisXpc; 03-23-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-23-2007 | 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

People...

This is my car. I will do with it as I please.... Ive heard quite enough..

Stop beating a dead horse...

So I have a cam to build my motor around? Big deal...

You Dont know me or the plans I have for this car. I swear if i get one more post about P/V clearance im going to have this thread locked..
Cry us a ****** river why dont you, ****** crybaby. Im gonna have it locked because I dont like the posts, what an assclown. You arent a mod anyway so good luck locking it.

Heres an idea. Its your car, do whatever you want with it and dont start anymore threads on this site asking anything about anything that has to do with your car since you dont seem to like peoples suggestions and want to whine like a hoe when you get critized for making stupid *** choices.

And since when do people build a motor around a cam? You got it *** backwards.

Last edited by brad8266; 03-23-2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-23-2007 | 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cry us a ****** river why dont you, ****** crybaby. Im gonna have it locked because I dont like the posts. You arent a mod anyway so good luck locking it.

Heres an idea. Its your car, do whatever you want with it and dont start anymore threads on this site asking anything about anything that has to do with your car since you dont seem to like peoples suggestions and want to whine like a hoe when you get critized for making stupid *** choices.

And since when do people build a motor around a cam? You got it *** backwards.

Your the one crying.

Thanks for the advice buddy
Old 03-23-2007 | 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Your the one crying.

Thanks for the advice buddy
Im not crying about anything, your the one that wants the thread locked because you dont like the posts.

Im not the one that also has no clue how to choose the correct cam for my ride either. Who the **** spins a magic stick to 6350? I would love to see you run that POS like that and get romped on by cars with smaller cams or even boltons for that matter

I run my 232/236 to 6700 and it still pulls and thats a baby cam.
Old 03-23-2007 | 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im not crying about anything, your the one that wants the thread locked because you dont like the posts.

Im not the one that also has no clue how to choose the correct cam for my ride either. Who the **** spins a magic stick to 6350? I would love to see you run that POS like that and get romped on by cars with smaller cams or even boltons for that matter

I run my 232/236 to 6700 and it still pulls and thats a baby cam.
what is your problem? Did I offend you in any way? would it help to let you know im going on a iraq deployment and with some of the saved up money ill have more parts to better fit the cam?

Your getting way to heated over this.. Call TSP, talk to jason about this cam if your feeling so irritated... Would you have bashed me it i had the ms4 on the 11 lsa?

chill out.. remember we share the same hobby..
Old 03-23-2007 | 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

what is your problem? Did I offend you in any way? would it help to let you know im going on a iraq deployment and with some of the saved up money ill have more parts to better fit the cam?

Your getting way to heated over this.. Call TSP, talk to jason about this cam if your feeling so irritated... Would you have bashed me it i had the ms4 on the 11 lsa?

chill out.. remember we share the same hobby..
I didnt have a problem until you had to throw in that you are going to have the thread locked because you have heard enough. That was pretty immature. Have a good time in the sandbox.

Im not bashing you on your cam choice at all. I personally wouldnt put a cam with PTVC like that in my own car but hey its not my car so I dont care. You were warned what minimum should be and you chose to ignore it, so be it. I just found it funny to limit that cam to 6350, you must not have known your goals for the car when you selected that cam, i suspect you just jumped on the MS4 bandwagon, good cam, not for everyone especially if you dont want to spin it high.

Why would i call jason to talk about a cam?

Yes we do share the same hobby and that just the thing, there are people here that want to help you and mkake sure you do things safely and right, yet you kind of seemed to just want to ignore them because what was said did not favor the situation you were already in.

Predator is the one guy on this site that when he tells me something i dont really take a grain of salt with it because he is right most of the time, especially when it comes to valvetrain components, yet he got slammed in this thread just because he tried to give out some info about a sponsors products. It seems that whenever a sponsors product is discussed in a not so positive manner people get very pissed and that isnt right especially when the sponsor comes and posts himself that the PTVC wasnt even within the safe range just like predator said. Predator helped me out a bunch the first time i did a PTVC check on my new engine and i can tell you he knows what he is talking about.

Last edited by brad8266; 03-23-2007 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-23-2007 | 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I didnt have a problem until you had to throw in that you are going to have the thread locked because you have heard enough. That was pretty immature. Have a good time in the sandbox.

Im not bashing you on your cam choice at all. I personally wouldnt put a cam with PTVC like that in my own car but hey its not my car so I dont care. You were warned what minimum should be and you chose to ignore it, so be it. I just found it funny to limit that cam to 6350, you must not have known your goals for the car when you selected that cam, i suspect you just jumped on the MS4 bandwagon.

Why would i call jason to talk about a cam?

Yes we do share the same hobby and that just the thing, there are people here that want to help you and mkake sure you do things safely and right, yet you kind of seemed to just want to ignore them because what was said did not favor the situation you were already in.

Predator is the one guy on this site that when he tells me something i dont really take a grain of salt with it because he is right most of the time, especially when it comes to valvetrain components, yet he got slammed in this thread just because he tried to give out some info about a sponsors products. It seems that whenever a sponsors product is discussed in a not so positive manner people get very pissed and that isnt right especially when the sponsor comes and posts himself that the PTVC wasnt even within the safe range just like predator said.

Its just not what i want to hear. Like it or not. when I said im tired of advice that doesnt mean in any way that i never want advice and im going to ignore someones advice.. Its just at this point stupid for someone to come and further warn me..

When I stated i would limit the car to spin to 6350, I say this because my tranny and stock rod bolts are not ready. Does this mean ill never tap the true potential of this cam? Hell no it doesn't...

I sent Pred a Pm when he made his first post thanking him for his time and advice..

I didnt run my car for a whole week till i contacted Jason at Texas Speed and confirmed with him this cam would be fine with my setup.

I do understand this cam wakes up past 6500. I dont see whats so wrong with limiting the shift untill im have the parts to allow my car to safely spin higher.

How do you know i have not ordered the ISKY flycutting tools. Or ordered new heads to go with?

I bought this cam knowing what its potential was. Yes i could have held onto the cam and waited till the pistons were flycut and I had the new heads but i wanted to button the car up to have fun with it within its current limits.

Last edited by KrisXpc; 03-23-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-23-2007 | 11:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

When I stated i would limit the car to spin to 6350, I say this because my tranny and stock rod bolts are not ready.

I sent Pred a Pm when he made his first post thanking him for his time and advice..

I didnt run my car for a whole week till i contacted Jason at Texas Speed and confirmed with him this cam would be fine with my setup.

I do understand this cam wakes up past 6500. I dont see whats so wrong with limiting the shift untill im have the parts to allow my car to safely spin higher.

How do you know i have not ordered the ISKY flycutting tools. Or ordered new heads to go with?

I bought this cam knowing what its potential was. Yes i could have held onto the cam and waited till the pistons were flycut and I had the new heads but i wanted to button the car up to have fun with it within its current limits.
I know you didnt plan on flycutting because you said so a few pages back.

Cool man go to the sandbox, come back and hook up your ride to optimize that cam. You didnt mention the rod bolts and all that before unless I missed it. My assumption was that you were just gonna leave it and never take it over 6350.

The PTVC that you have right now is NOT fine, especially with a stock bottom end that has variences in it. I dont care what any vendor tells you, im not buying that line. If you ever see how close a piston looks to a valve at .050 then you may understand but for comparision thats around the gap size of your spark plugs. You can search google for piston to valve clearences and you will 90% of the time see the minimum acceptable clearences of .080/.100.
Old 03-24-2007 | 12:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know you didnt plan on flycutting because you said so a few pages back.

Cool man go to the sandbox, come back and hook up your ride to optimize that cam. You didnt mention the rod bolts and all that before unless I missed it. My assumption was that you were just gonna leave it and never take it over 6350.

The PTVC that you have right now is NOT fine, especially with a stock bottom end that has variences in it. I dont care what any vendor tells you, im not buying that line. If you ever see how close a piston looks to a valve at .050 then you may understand. you can search ghoogle for piston to valve clearances and you will 90% of the time see the minimum acceptable clearences of .080/.100.

If i had read a thread about how close this cam is and how much more I would have to throw at it I would have probobly chosen otherwise. Now that i have this cam ive changed my goals and parts list to fit for it.

I didnt want to flycut the pistons, once A friend of mine at work told me he's done it before and its not so bad to do. I changed my mind..

Honest to god the advice ive goten has been jaw droping, i think its great people have a place to go to to have people with more knowledge lend a helping hand..

And yes your right. I should have mentioned my plans to update all the lurkers. This thread wasn't to active and i just let it go.
Old 03-24-2007 | 12:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Just an idea, if you buy a set of -4cc pistons you should have plenty of room to run a .040 gasket and mill down the heads a lot. That way you can bump up compression for an all around good driving cam. i think thats why mine drives so good, i have 57-58cc heads that help with the compression.
Old 03-24-2007 | 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just an idea, if you buy a set of -4cc pistons you should have plenty of room to run a .040 gasket and mill down the heads a lot. That way you can bump up compression for an all around good driving cam. i think thats why mine drives so good, i have 57-58cc heads that help with the compression.
Whats the compression your at now? Work well with the nitrous?

what vender did you go through to buy them?
Old 03-24-2007 | 03:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you missed what Kris was trying to tell ya brad. Basically you bumped an 5 day old thread, which your also repeating as if it wasn’t addressed. Which Kris has spoken to Jason since this thread, as have I. Pred has also been talking with Kris as have I threw pms or im. And to re-uttering the same thing, as if it hasn’t been noted before is redundant. With nothing new to add other then the same information. That was his whole point, as I'm sure he's still getting pms from people as I know I have also been getting pms from members asking why and not taking the time to read the thread.

-Nas
Old 03-24-2007 | 01:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Whats the compression your at now? Work well with the nitrous?

what vender did you go through to buy them?
about 12:1

What vendor did I go througn to but what part, the heads? They are TEA's

I havent sprayed it yet, i just got lazy *** around to hooking my nitrous kit back up again a few days ago.

Quick Reply: MS4 110 Lsa First start up