Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant seeping out of the oil pan gasket area

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Coolant seeping out of the oil pan gasket area

Yes I agree with LS171Malibu .now you will see a big warning on the bottom of the pan. The torque and alignment are critical. That would only be true if you were taking out all the bolts, and the one you are taking out won't effect it. It has to do with front and rear seal alignment, but you won't be breaking the pan loose so don't worry about it. torque the bolt to 18 lb ft. If you don't have a torque wrench autozone loans them for free with a deposit.

Sorry if I offend any one you are right there are allot of good techs out there. But these guys he has been talking to are not one of them. They were going to make him waste about four hours time, and about $60 in parts. Thanks for looking up the info for us on the porosity issue.

Sorry about the terminology we are using two different terms for the same thing. The purpose of that line is to prevent steam pockets from forming in the head ( so that is why I called them vapor vent lines). It works by bleeding off a small amount of coolant all the time from the top of the heads.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Default Re: Coolant seeping out of the oil pan gasket area

Ok, is what your suggesting is that where this one bolt threads into the block, there could be a coolant passage near enough to either, the threads have been cut into, or there is a porosity issue in the area that is causing the coolant to run down the bolt?
Old 01-30-2017, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Default Leak

Did you ever find out where leak was?

Quick Reply: Coolant seeping out of the oil pan gasket area