Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how long will a stock 6.0 bottom end last with heads and cam and mild boost?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 07:25 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default how long will a stock 6.0 bottom end last with heads and cam and mild boost?

really thinking about a heads and cam set up, there are some killer prices on heads now but if my engine is going to just blow up as soon as i do it i would like to know.

whipple rates their system at 450fwhp on a 6.0, then add 50hp for longtubes and open exhaust, i should be around 500fwhp, my ET sugest that this is acurate. with a heads and cam set up i would think i would gain 100hp or so, not really sure but lets say it is true and i am then at 600fwhp, will the lower end hold up? will the pistons be ok?

i think i can do a new stage 2 heads and cam set from absolute speed for right at $2000 complete. seems like a good deal.
Old 11-02-2002, 05:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: how long will a stock 6.0 bottom end last with heads and cam and mild boost?

Detonation and hi rpm are the biggest killers of bottem ends. With blower and good tuning you should have neither so i would be confident in reliability of truck engine short block.

Quick Reply: how long will a stock 6.0 bottom end last with heads and cam and mild boost?