Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 made into Stage 2 ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stage 1 made into Stage 2 ?

I might have an opportunity to buy some stage 1 heads. I do not know what brand, but knowing this guy who has them on his car they should be good. My buddy is going to put this guys stage 2 heads in... and for payment he is going to give him the stage 1. My buddy said that he will sell them to me for like $800. Can you, and is it worth doing the stage 2 work on them?
Old 11-20-2002, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Stage 1 made into Stage 2 ?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mike#9:
<strong>I might have an opportunity to buy some stage 1 heads. I do not know what brand, but knowing this guy who has them on his car they should be good. My buddy is going to put this guys stage 2 heads in... and for payment he is going to give him the stage 1. My buddy said that he will sell them to me for like $800. Can you, and is it worth doing the stage 2 work on them?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, you'd just have them open up the ports and maybe put in bigger valves. Keep in mind, every company defines their stages differently, for some, its bigger valves, for others its new guides, for others it is hand sanding.

-Dave
Old 11-20-2002, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Stage 1 made into Stage 2 ?

Would it be worth the money though. Compared to heads that are already stage 2... would it be worth it?