Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need cylinder head options please advise

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997bird
He will still go through at least ten, ten pound bottles in a full race season on a 150-175 shot of n2o. He should be able to get 8 passes in on a 150 shot out of a ten pound bottle. About 6-7 passes in on a 175 shot. You can figure at least 3 passes per race. If he goes to test and tune nights he can get about 10 passes in there a night. I know here it is $3.75 per pound before taxes. Where as the other route he has his power with him all of the time whenever he want's it. I am not trying to be a PITA but just throwing some numbers out there so the origionator of this post will look at all the costs before making a decision.
I think you're making a valid point, but even if you used 20 10 lb bottles per year at $37.50 each fill, thats just $750 in N2O per year for a nitrous system the original poster already has. In 8 years you've broken even with a $7500 power adder (figuring $1500 for a very well setup N2O system). Some of us just don't have $10k to sink in a TT system. For the person who only occasionally needs an extra 150 - 175 hp, nitrous is way cheaper up front, and you get to spread your costs out as you use it.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of nitrous, but different strokes for different folks.