Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spitting water on warm up?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 10:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spitting water on warm up?

Is it normal for the car to spit some water out the exhaust about 3-5 mins after starting it up? It is about a minute after steam starts coming out the pipes, so I'm assuming its just condensation (40 and below here lately) but I had just never noticed it before. It has no odor or color and is not slippery. It spits these little droplets for about 5 mins or until you start driving, not enough to soak a spot on the driveway, but enough to look like it rained briefly in that spot.....

Just curious. Found out my oil pan is leaking a tad too. Around that plastic guard thing on the passenger side. It never ends!

-Dave
Old 12-10-2002, 10:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: Spitting water on warm up?

Condensation out of the exhaust is normal.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:09 PM
Launching!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Slowhawk:
<strong>Condensation out of the exhaust is normal.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I just like to panic. I hadn't noticed it at all last winter, and since I did heads a couple months ago, I started thinking bad cometic....

Now that I have my coolant leak up front fixed I'm gonna keep an eye on the level and make sure its not coming from there. No beads on the dipstick so I think its ok....

-Dave
Old 12-10-2002, 11:27 PM
Launching!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 2001 LS1 SS:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Slowhawk:
<strong>Condensation out of the exhaust is normal.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I just like to panic. I hadn't noticed it at all last winter, and since I did heads a couple months ago, I started thinking bad cometic....

Now that I have my coolant leak up front fixed I'm gonna keep an eye on the level and make sure its not coming from there. No beads on the dipstick so I think its ok....

-Dave</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ruh Roh. White boogers on the filler cap. Hoping it was leftovers of the install and the leak due to loose head bolt. We'll see..... if not I gotta rent a garage.

-Dave

Quick Reply: Spitting water on warm up?