Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CRAP!!! Boke a oil pan bolt!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KurtRardin
I'm sure that with the new oil pressure its gonna leak.
What pressure, its just oil sitting/pooling in the pan isn't it? Why would it leak?

Old 05-13-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I supose you're right. But I just put about 700 miles on it and still no leaks that I am aware of. SO... Until the LQX appears in my garage that pan aint comin off!
Old 05-14-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KurtRardin
Okay.......... No leaks ....... no drops..... NOTHING!!!!!!! I am going to keep an eye on it from now on, but man, almost 200 miles later and no leaks. Awesome
Excellent, sometimes you just get lucky....
Old 06-07-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

Well i got a question for you guys when i did my cam i by mistake cross threaded on of the oil pan bolts. Its the one on the drivers side right next to the one that bolts into the front engine cover, but the one i cross threaded goes into the block. I didn't have a tap set so i added 2 washers and tightened it up and it worked fine no leak or anything. And all this happened in October, no leaks or anything. Well i noticed my oil was low the other day and i said i might as well change it. So when i got under the car i noticed the area around bolt was all dirty like there was a leak so i figured it was that bolt. When i took a a socket to it i realized that it was loose i wanted to tighten it but wasn't sure if i would break it. My friends going to bring me a tap set so i could fix the thread inside the hole, and i was wondering you guys new the measurements on the oil pan bolts so i could tap it? Also do any of you guys know the part number for an oil pan bolt, and if they sell it seperate? Thanks
-Joel
Old 06-07-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

Here are some photos of my problem:

-Joel