Old 07-17-2007, 08:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its the curse of the Taint!!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tylerdj
Mine did the exact same thing but it was because it hydrolocked after I hit a deep puddle I couldn't see.

yeah thats hydrolock and I that is exacly what happned the day after my car sat through a big *** rain storm, hydrolocked on startup the next morning. Damage and holes look exactly the same too.

Now i have a nice forged head cam motor. It was all worth it I guess. Gave me a reason to do some serious upgrades. Now if only my rear end would blow up then id have a good excuse for a moser 9".
Old 07-17-2007, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by brad8266
yeah thats hydrolock and I that is exacly what happned the day after my car sat through a big *** rain storm, hydrolocked on startup the next morning. Damage and holes look exactly the same too.

Now i have a nice forged head cam motor. It was all worth it I guess. Gave me a reason to do some serious upgrades. Now if only my rear end would blow up then id have a good excuse for a moser 9".
I can beleive that the cause is hydrolock all day, but water got in the cylinder from sitting in the rain? No, theres no way unless he drove it into the water. Nothing more than coincidence.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WS6NIGHTMARE
I can beleive that the cause is hydrolock all day, but water got in the cylinder from sitting in the rain? No, theres no way unless he drove it into the water. Nothing more than coincidence.
Well mine sat in like a monsoon and then I pulled the top end apart there was water all through the intake and in the intake ports. Prime indicator of hydrolock. Trust me I didnt think it was possible either until i tore the motor apart and saw it for myself.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

Well mine sat in like a monsoon and then I pulled the top end apart there was water all through the intake and in the intake ports. Prime indicator of hydrolock. Trust me I didnt think it was possible either until i tore the motor apart and saw it for myself.
But how could it get there? Upward through an air filter thats not exactly just sitting in the open? The onl;y open side to an engine bay is the bottom, and rain doesnt move that way. Everything else is sealed up. When looking at a motor, it just doesnt make sense, theres no way. Thoughts?

A better cause sounds more like a very slow leak in the gasket, which doesnt puddle up enough day to day to cause a problem. After the car sat for a few days, the puddle was enough to cause a problem. And let me say, even that doesnt seem real probable.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

But how could it get there? Upward through an air filter thats not exactly just sitting in the open? The onl;y open side to an engine bay is the bottom, and rain doesnt move that way. Everything else is sealed up. When looking at a motor, it just doesnt make sense, theres no way. Thoughts?

A better cause sounds more like a very slow leak in the gasket, which doesnt puddle up enough day to day to cause a problem. After the car sat for a few days, the puddle was enough to cause a problem. And let me say, even that doesnt seem real probable.
LOL, my car sat no more than 10 hours when it happened to mine. I parked it at night and it snapped the rod when I turned the key the next morning at 6:30 AM. The car just sat through a big rain storm. I personally disassembled the engine and found clearish water all over the place, it wasnt coolant.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

LOL, my car sat no more than 10 hours when it happened to mine. I parked it at night and it snapped the rod when I turned the key the next morning at 6:30 AM. The car just sat through a big rain storm. I personally disassembled the engine and found clearish water all over the place, it wasnt coolant.
Still doesnt answer "how" it got there.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Still doesnt answer "how" it got there.
Lots of rain I am assuming since it poured the night before. Somehow enough made its way into the intake. Unless someone who knows me sprayed water up there so I would have to go forged .
Old 07-17-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Resident

Unless someone who knows me sprayed water up there
Now you see what Im getting at, sabotage!

Really though, brainstorm with me here.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Now you see what Im getting at, sabotage!

Really though, brainstorm with me here.
LOL, I doubt thats what happned considering nobody really knows where I live.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

well being a tropical storm came through there id say it was hydrolock....is turn it in on my insurance
Old 07-17-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't see how water got in there from sitting in the rain... I wash my engine bay with a hose all the time... and that's directly spraying it... i'd think that would be much more possible than a rainstorm with the hood over the engine covering it...
Old 07-17-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
i don't see how water got in there from sitting in the rain... I wash my engine bay with a hose all the time... and that's directly spraying it... i'd think that would be much more possible than a rainstorm with the hood over the engine covering it...
I would think so too, but thats just how it happened to me.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Glad that one other person sees eye to eye with me.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Glad that one other person sees eye to eye with me.
Im with you guys too, its just a strange coincidence.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

Im with you guys too, its just a strange coincidence.
Heres what I think Brad, if thats your real name...I think you wanted a forged motor anyway, but the wife wouldnt let you. So you had to devise a clever way to make the opportunity for one. The monsoon that came that night was indeed the chance you needed to make your dreams come true. So in the middle of the night you went for a shower, snuck out the window and proceeded to fill your motor up while the wife lay in the bed asleep, and unsuspecting. Fast forward, motor blows, your plan is working perfectly. Forged internals soon follow and now your happy. But now you have crossed the line doing it this poor boys motor. Just because you knew your story would raise flags, now you can point your finger to a similar incident to diffuse the suspicion. And by this point youve told your version of the story so many times, that you now believe your own lie.

Im on to you Brad....

Last edited by WS6NIGHTMARE; 07-17-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Possibly a cracked gasket where the cowl meets the hood. Rain falls on the cowl, pours through the gasket, lands on the intake manifold and then finds a way inside the motor. Via another cracked gasket or something not being tight enough.

I will install a spy camera under my hood and move to Florida during hurricane season to test my theory.

Anyway, something wasn't sealed correctly if the story is true.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

How about humidity and condensation? Say the intake mani is warmer inside of it in the runners than it is outside. The water sitting on top of the manifold cooling it off could create condensation on the inside of the manifold dripping down the runners into the heads. Go to crank it, an intake valve opens and the water rushes in, then the valve closes and boom! Just my theory.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:41 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talk about mosoon we just got 4.4 inches of rain in an hour. We lost our internet for about 3 hours too. I don't know if there'd be any more water in it at this point. It's already been a month and a half? I seriously doubt it. I'll look though when we start tearing into it.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Heres what I think Brad, if thats your real name...I think you wanted a forged motor anyway, but the wife wouldnt let you. So you had to devise a clever way to make the opportunity for one. The monsoon that came that night was indeed the chance you needed to make your dreams come true. So in the middle of the night you went for a shower, snuck out the window and proceeded to fill your motor up while the wife lay in the bed asleep, and unsuspecting. Fast forward, motor blows, your plan is working perfectly. Forged internals soon follow and now your happy. But now you have crossed the line doing it this poor boys motor. Just because you knew your story would raise flags, now you can point your finger to a similar incident to diffuse the suspicion. And by this point youve told your version of the story so many times, that you now believe your own lie.

Im on to you Brad....

Quick Reply: My Engine Committed Suicide Yesterday