Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JPR 387 Darton Sleeved Motor on Order!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default JPR 387 Darton Sleeved Motor on Order!

Well I took the plunge and made a decision late last week on the motor. I decided on the 387 with Joe & Tommy cause of our past relationship, and all the good Joe has done me. I WAS considering building a forged 346 here on Long Island with a turbo and a DFI system. It was way more than NA but would have taken the car further(low 10's) and kept tons more drivability. It was 12k and that was a huge difference over what I could afford in reality.( Remember here folks, I only live in reality for shoty periods of time.) I am planning on spraying the shiznity out of the car once it it all set and tuned. I am goin to go the route of a couple of other good peeps around here, and run NA in the fall, and then over the winter I will put some kind of crazy nos in the car. IT WILL BE BUILT FOR NITROUS and tuned for NA this year. Then I will have Joe pull some timing, probably switch out the loose 4400 for something smaller and tighter, and see what I can do at 3600# Raceweight. I am hoping for 11.0 NA in NORMAL WEATHER, not Dec, downhill, with 5 pounds of VHT, then I will look for 10.5's on Spray something like a 150 shot, if all goes well I would consider a 200 shot down the road. I have new mods coming as well. The Macs and ORY are gone, in will go QTP 1 3/4 stainless w/ory and Hals upfront. I MAY get skinnies soon, but I have to spread the wealth around a bit first. Joe & Tommy said I could have the car back at the end of July. I told them to take some extra time and care, and get me the car back at the end of August in time for Labor Day. I dont feel like racing in August. I will be hitting the local scenes in Sept. Take Care and enjoy the rest of the spring and summer in YOUR car. Bear