TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd also like to hear an idle clip
Old 09-22-2007, 02:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 270 Likes on 102 Posts

Default 11's

Originally Posted by RoDan
11's? no sweat man. Point n shoot. I bet you'll be suprised. I wouldn't be suprised if it goes 11.70's (if it hooks, thats the key) I bet its no problem if you have good tires under it, especially with all of you suspension stuff. Stalled autos can lay down some BIG numbers for their supposed horsepower rating to the wheels.
Cool, I think I can get it to stick. I have few thoughts in mind on how to. I'll let you know when it happens.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:48 PM
9 Second Club

Default 11's

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
Wow i read every post on this thread, and even before you had assembled your car mine was feeling slow. I see you having no problems hitting mid to low 11's, good luck at the track. Awesome write-up.
-Joel
Thanks, mid to low, I don't know......but it would be nice.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:50 PM
9 Second Club

Default 11's

Originally Posted by Irocss85
very impressive #s. for some reason, I thought yours was a stick. guess I should gone back and read the whole thing again before I made my guess. lol. still though, thats around 35-370 on a mustang dyno, and I know a couple guys who go mid11's on those kinda #s with the same power. so my guess would be 11.6's with low 1.6 sixties. with the right tires/suspension, you shouldnt have any problems hitting 1.5x sixties either. you WILL love that feeling more then anything else so far. trust me.
Your confidence is giving me confidence. lol You have been pretty much on target so far, so I hope you are right.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:58 PM
9 Second Club

Default Video

Originally Posted by slimcracka
very nice install, i can tell you take pride in your work and it shows..nice set up

the i-pipe looks a lil close to the rearend and the drivshaft..it might of been the angle of the picture thow..

i would like to hear a clip of your car runnin and a better pic of the tips you are runnin..and so far how do you like the tranny?

keep up the good work man and ill bet youll beat your goal of 11.80s..should run at least 118mph have fun with her and be safe.
That pic may have been before I moved the torque arm over to the other set of bolts holes in the mount. I didn't realize it at first. There is a good amount of clearance there now.

I bought the tips of the site hear from someone and got MAgnaflow to send me the tailipipes for their NEW quad tip set-up. I already had the original Magnaflow cat back, but wasn't real crazy about the shotgun tailpipes.
I made a mistake that I am not too proud to admit.....somehow, someway I installed the tailpipe tips on the wrong side and did not realize unitl after I had fully tig welded one on. It was hell to try and get Magnaflow to sell me the tailpipes separately, took some creative talking. They did not want to separate the kit. Luckily I finally got them and then I screw them up...... I will try to fix them over the winter but for now I will have to leave them. Between that and the gear whine on decel from the Moser 9" I guess things went pretty well. Without the resource on this site, I am sure I would have made more mistakes.

Right now its time to drive this thing!

I am trying to get the video thing situated. I have a camera and need to work on a photobucket account and figure out how to edit them. I will play with that tomorrow.

11.80's will be nice. Hopefully next week.
Attached Thumbnails 2000 SS Tear Down with pics.-camaro-reassembly-underside-029.jpg  
Old 09-22-2007, 03:03 PM
9 Second Club

Default idel clip

Originally Posted by Websy21
I'd also like to hear an idle clip
working on it.....she is pretty mild throught the cats. Although it was pretty loud on the dyno at WOT. Louder than I expected based on how quiet it is at idle. Sounded good though, no rasp. Nice tone.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by helicoil
That pic may have been before I moved the torque arm over to the other set of bolts holes in the mount. I didn't realize it at first. There is a good amount of clearance there now.

I bought the tips of the site hear from someone and got MAgnaflow to send me the tailipipes for their NEW quad tip set-up. I already had the original Magnaflow cat back, but wasn't real crazy about the shotgun tailpipes.
I made a mistake that I am not too proud to admit.....somehow, someway I installed the tailpipe tips on the wrong side and did not realize unitl after I had fully tig welded one on. It was hell to try and get Magnaflow to sell me the tailpipes separately, took some creative talking. They did not want to separate the kit. Luckily I finally got them and then I screw them up...... I will try to fix them over the winter but for now I will have to leave them. Between that and the gear whine on decel from the Moser 9" I guess things went pretty well. Without the resource on this site, I am sure I would have made more mistakes.

Right now its time to drive this thing!

I am trying to get the video thing situated. I have a camera and need to work on a photobucket account and figure out how to edit them. I will play with that tomorrow.

11.80's will be nice. Hopefully next week.
ahh i see. .hell everone makes mistakes..at least you made it on the tips and nothing else you changed..usually when you get into a build that in depth you manage to get in a hurry to finish it up and miss one thing or another..but yours turned out great.. and if you want to get some free HP then get a cut out my car with just boltons and threw a unlocked converter picke dup 10hp in the midrange and 7hp up top.. thats FREE hp.. just somthing to ponder...great build and if you get some free time and want to do this again ill lend you my auto ss for a month or 2 hehe
Old 09-22-2007, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

btw what are you doin with the stock heads? are they 241s?
Old 09-22-2007, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

I say you shoot for the moon, thats why i chose mid to low 11's. Yeah its a stretch but even if you hit an 11.6-11.7 thats still quick as hell.
-Joel
Old 09-24-2007, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

Is that sexy beast also a hardtop car? I never realized/knew this. Damn I think you're going to be more and more satisfied with this car the longer you have it/longer you drive it. I would not trade either of my hardtop cars for the world.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:40 PM
9 Second Club

Default hardtop

Originally Posted by Specialized
Is that sexy beast also a hardtop car? I never realized/knew this. Damn I think you're going to be more and more satisfied with this car the longer you have it/longer you drive it. I would not trade either of my hardtop cars for the world.
Searched and drove awhile to find this color combination in a A4 and HARDTOP. Exactly what I wanted.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:42 PM
9 Second Club

Default Moser Rear End

Pulling out 3rd member tonight. Rear is still whining on decel. Track is postponed. Can't deal with the noise. Shouldn't be there on a NEW rear IMO.

Something is not right. Going to paint the gears up and check pattern. Stay tuned.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Irocss85
very impressive #s. for some reason, I thought yours was a stick. guess I should gone back and read the whole thing again before I made my guess. lol. still though, thats around 35-370 on a mustang dyno, and I know a couple guys who go mid11's on those kinda #s with the same power. so my guess would be 11.6's with low 1.6 sixties. with the right tires/suspension, you shouldnt have any problems hitting 1.5x sixties either. you WILL love that feeling more then anything else so far. trust me.

I agree, you will get what you want... My 02 GT that I used to have back in 2005 dynoed right @ 300rwhp and on stock suspension with slicks I got consistant 1.63s.

So with 400rwhp, better suspension, and some M/T Drag radials..you can do it!
Old 09-24-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

I always had whine on my gears (3.73 richmonds in my 10 bolt) and nevr had an issue, barely any metal on the magnet after almost 10k. Perfect pattern when I painted it at 3 and 8k. They were strong as ****, I hit them on the nittos nearly all the time when I had been breaking 4.10s all the time.. But they whined like a ****.

I think sometimes you need to trade one for another, but then again I never expected anything from my car to be 100% perfect because I was a cheap-*** and did all the work myself and not knowing if it was done 100% correctly.

Last edited by Specialized; 09-24-2007 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:08 PM
9 Second Club

Default gear whine

I always had whine on my gears (3.73 richmonds in my 10 bolt) and nevr had an issue, barely any metal on the magnet after almost 10k. Perfect pattern when I painted it at 3 and 8k. They were strong as ****, I hit them on the nittos nearly all the time when I had been breaking 4.10s all the time.. But they whined like a ****.

I think sometimes you need to trade one for another, but then again I never expected anything from my car to be 100% perfect because I was a cheap-*** and did all the work myself and not knowing if it was done 100% correctly.

I have heard people say Richmond's do whine, but I have to at least try to make them quiet. I have also read many, many complaints that Moser rear ends are not always set-up correctly. I am going to find out very shortly. Last time I buy a complete rear end. I should have taken the cheap *** route and pieced it out.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by helicoil
I should have taken the cheap *** route and pieced it out.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

helicoil, you build is looking wicked. I can't wait to see the numbers!

Yeah, it is a difficult decision to make when going with a trick rear end. I think when I have to bite the bullet and buy one, I will just get a complete rear end like you did, but seeing as how others are having issues also I will check everything myself before I put it in. A buddy of mine is an expert at setting up rear ends, so I can get his input. I have 4.10's in my 10bolt that he set up and I have been beating the crap out of for 10k and they don't make a sound yet. (they are the better Genuine GM OE gears, not after market)
Old 10-05-2007, 11:35 PM
9 Second Club

Default Track time

Made it to the track and ran a 12.17 @ 113 with a weak 1.83 60ft. Didn't spin a lick, it just bit and almost bogged. The Yank PY3400 converter I have in it for my Procharged 403 is way tight. Flashing to maybe 2500 behind this 346".

I am switching to a Yank SS4000 I am borrowing from a buddy. Our track closes Oct. 20 and I am going to the LSx Shootout in Memphis the 12-13, so I will only have one week to try and hit the 11's. I am feeling pretty confident it will do it next time out.

All in all the car is running good and things are working well. The Finishline trans hits really good when your on it and shifts easy driving around town. The PY 3400 has great driveability, just not loose enough to get those 60's where they need to be.

Once I get that noisy Moser rear end quieted down in November it will be a much more pleasant to drive.

The car idles real tame and is real quiet, can't even it hear running over at the track. Good idle and plenty of engine vacuum

After a brief warm over on the streets with the ET Street Radials it just launches and sets you back. These tires work really well on a 400 RWHP car.
Attached Thumbnails 2000 SS Tear Down with pics.-finished-camaro-9-07-026.jpg  
Old 10-06-2007, 08:52 AM
10 Second Club

..fly-by-night
Old 10-06-2007, 01:31 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome build... car is impecably clean. I'm a little surprised about the power though. I'd figure with your build you'd be closer to 450hp/410tq. Not sure why your power curve dies at 5500rpm. Please don't take this as an attatck, just trying to figure out what's missing. You've got the FAST, you've got good heads, the headers are fine, and even your cam is good. Tony @ AFR consistently sees 450+ hp with that size cam (not sure if it's the same one), but I beleive he uses a 224/228 for his 205 combos.

Let us know what you find out.

p.s. I can't wait to get my lift this spring.... my undercarriage will look just as nice one day.

Quick Reply: 2000 SS Tear Down with pics.