Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H/C/I Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The oil pump is right behind the front cover...Its right there when you do the cam install...Assumming you are doing it yourself...Just get an LS6 ported oil pump...Many vendors sell them...I think the double roller timing chain is a little over kill...Just go with the LS2 timing chain set...The only thing you really have to worry about with timing sets, is really the strength of the chain...If the chain is weak it will stretch/slack over time...
Just give TSP a call for pushrod length...More than likely it will be stock length(7.400) or a little shorter with a 7.375 rod...Either way make sure...Ideally you should use a pushrod measuring tool once everythin is bolted on...Then go from there...You should like the head and cam package...These heads put up damn good numbers for the price...

Kev
Old 07-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

cool 10-4 thanks for that info, kinda like the oil pumps on a nissan skyline then. simple enough.

I think for now, when i get the car im gonna do a true dual setup from TSP with some Longtubes, 4.10 gear, and suspension and throw my nitrous kit on at 125 wet and have some fun like that.... should be enough to keep my happy for a little while but im ALWAYS looking at new info etc. Ive been told a factory ls1 car can dyno around 300whp bone stock... is that true?
Old 07-04-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slow50h
cool 10-4 thanks for that info, kinda like the oil pumps on a nissan skyline then. simple enough.

I think for now, when i get the car im gonna do a true dual setup from TSP with some Longtubes, 4.10 gear, and suspension and throw my nitrous kit on at 125 wet and have some fun like that.... should be enough to keep my happy for a little while but im ALWAYS looking at new info etc. Ive been told a factory ls1 car can dyno around 300whp bone stock... is that true?
There have been plenty of LS1's that dyno above 300 to the ground in stock form...You add all the bolt-ons(Headers, exhaust, lid/intake, LS6 intake manifold or the Fast, EWP, and under drive pulley) and you will be right around 350...Give or take...Just make sure when you add the shot that you dont run out of fuel...The stock fuel system can arguably handle about 450HP...After that you will have to upgrade your fuel pump, injectors, and possibly an aftermarket fuel rail...Good luck with your set-up...

Kev
Old 07-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

yeah im just looking to spray it to 400-425 whp should be more than enough for me for now lol