Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning about online ordering from thunder racing.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warning about online ordering from thunder racing.

I was up last night looking for part numbers for rocker arms, valve springs and push rods, there numbers that they have on the website for the LS1 is incorrect, good thing I called, all the parts that they have those part numbers for are for regular 350 engines, I've allways hated ordering from online companies, now I know why, I think I'll spend my money somewhere somebody knows what there doin, just thought I should warn you guys, check before you order!
Old 05-19-2003, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Warning about online ordering from thunder racing.

Teh guys at Thunder do know what they are doing. Everyone makes a mistake here and there but that mistake you point out is quit minimal.

I for one think the guys (and girl) are great people.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:15 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah i've never had anything but top notch service from them w/ ordering parts but i'll remember to check pt. #'s from now on anywhere sometimes you just take things for what they are. everyone makes mistakes but it wont keep me away from ordering from them in the future.

JR
Old 05-19-2003, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thunder racing is one of the few shops I have never have had any problems with, they have always had A+ service
Old 05-19-2003, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

well it spooked me when alot of the accessable information is incorrect, I'm not going to even play when it comes to getting the wrong parts for my engine!
Old 05-19-2003, 04:06 PM
jmX
TECH Junkie

I was up last night looking for part numbers for rocker arms, valve springs and push rods, there numbers that they have on the website for the LS1 is incorrect, good thing I called, all the parts that they have those part numbers for are for regular 350 engines, I've allways hated ordering from online companies, now I know why, I think I'll spend my money somewhere somebody knows what there doin, just thought I should warn you guys, check before you order!
First, this doesn't belong in the internal engine section so its being locked.

Second, what specifically are you talking about? The pushrods listed on the site are for LS1's, the rocker arms are for an LS1, and SOME valve springs are for an LS1 and some can be used on lots of other engines too (SBC included). I'm not sure what exactly your issue is. A pushrod is a pushrod, as long as its 7.400" or whatever length you need. You need to clarify what exactly your issue is when you start talking smack about a shop. If you had ordered your parts online, you would have gotten exactly what you expected. Thunder racing does loads of LS1 business and nobody else has seemed to have any issue.

If a part # is wrong on their site, fine, email em and let them know. I'm not sure why this all deserves a post in here. If you'd like to restate what it is you are complaining about, make a post in the appropriate section. This section is for technical info only.