Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so i want over 500 RWHP with a head/cam swap what cam would be best?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Patrick,

Originally Posted by Patrick G
There's always someone faster.
That is the normal way life is on this planet since the early beginning, Charles Darwin explained it precisley in his theory of human evolution and natural selection.

Let's keep this thread technical and not ego driven.
My psychanalyst told me that in the modern world, "your ego" can be measure versus the size of your camshaft...

It is always valuable to collect accurate technical info on every forum, it helps the community to grow and increase forum members potential.
The cleanest the best, as if freedom is allowed on an open forum...moderators are taking care!!!

We realize many of you have worked hard to maximize your combos...that's the important thing.
Patrick, your threads have always a special place in my records, a lot of info, well documented, and you don't mind to explain twice when necessary...
Through your last famous "The "recipe" to 500 rwhp with heads and cam" now in the stickies, we can learn on what to do and what not do on the quest of achieving in a daily driven way those big numbers.

Christian

Last edited by miami993c297; 08-05-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't care if it's on a Dynojet or a Mustang, it's still a buttload of rwhp. Props on the setup. If money wasn't an issue, then I'd have Mamo port out some AFRs and run a custom spec cam.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RZRSEDGE
If money wasn't an issue, then I'd have Mamo port out some AFRs and run a custom spec cam.
Wouldnt we all? lol

Miami- there is no need to defend yourself whatsoever. See me get bashed around in the eastern section all day long from the CT guys- see if I care. Watch the stock cube guy/budget minded builder (myself) go beat up on the big cube high dollar setups. They're just jealous- thats what I take away from it.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by miami993c297
The power lost through the drivetrain in my case is 63 hp.

Flywheel hp are 574...this is already clearly commented in my original thread, you will find the details reading through it.
Did you take the engine out and have it run on an engine dyno? Just curious how you got the exact 574 number.

And I might have missed it, but what did you run in the 1/4 and how much does your car weigh?

Nice combo.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Specialized
I dont understand why you guys keep hating on this DYNO PROVEN setup. Its numbers, you simply cant argue with his analysis- its too easy to just overcome any argument because his conclusion/point is made CRYSTAL clear with numbers, adding and subtracting and making numerators and denominators (IE fractions/decimal equivalents) and can't be refuted by saying that his combo isnt making enough power simply because douchebags have higher hp numbers with bigger cubes.. who the hell cares? Take your cars and race them. Hell- I could have a 420whp car and easily smoke him because it looks like that car simply lights them up on command- and on the street that in my mind (at 80mph probably) is simply badass. How many of you guys actually have driven a high hp revchaser on the street? (PatG/DaveV dont take this as an insult) But you guys are just speculating how it is to drive this car, you have never even seen it in person, HAVE YOU?

Chill out, this is the internet. Just beware- as Patrick said- There is always someone out there bigger and badder. Im going to be genuinely afraid when someone makes 500whp on a forged bottom end and then has a DP setup and isnt afraid to hit it. Hell- even a 100hp dry would make one of these cars even more scary fast than they already are. You will see these setups becoming more commonplace with the new ls3/l92 setups coming in stock cars, and the stock heads which flow better than most aftermarket castings without even trying.

Carry on with your nearly meaninless arguments, gentlemen. Just remember- that guy who wont pop his hood or who rolls up next to you on the highway with a coy little smile on his face probably has deeper pockets than you and isnt afraid to do w/e it takes to win.
+1
Old 08-05-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RZRSEDGE
I don't care if it's on a Dynojet or a Mustang, it's still a buttload of rwhp. Props on the setup. If money wasn't an issue, then I'd have Mamo port out some AFRs and run a custom spec cam.
[QUOTE]Wouldnt we all? lol

Miami- there is no need to defend yourself whatsoever. See me get bashed around in the eastern section all day long from the CT guys- see if I care. Watch the stock cube guy/budget minded builder (myself) go beat up on the big cube high dollar setups. They're just jealous- thats what I take away from it.[QUOTE]

+2
Old 08-05-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black
Did you take the engine out and have it run on an engine dyno? Just curious how you got the exact 574 number.
The thread:
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10401

The post:
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...0&postcount=32

And I might have missed it, but what did you run in the 1/4 and how much does your car weigh?
No you didn't miss anything on that Paint_It_Black...

It is planed to go in the corvette Challenge (no pretention, purely amateur practice and fun for me) here in Moroso for January or February, depending on my schedule.

I just need the final equipment, a 4:10 rear end from DTE and a nice CCW drag package with ET Street.

As it will be the first time for me in this exercise of racing, any idea of what can be done with this daily driver on stock weight?

Nice combo.
That's the reason why I want to share it with others, I have read so many bad stories about mods that went wrong...

Christian
Old 08-05-2007, 02:03 PM
TECH Regular

There's always someone faster.

Let's keep this thread technical and not ego driven. We realize many of you have worked hard to maximize your combos...that's the important thing.
WELL SAID!!
Old 08-05-2007, 02:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CaMaRo67RS355
ok so i want over 500 RWHP in my 02 SS M6 i have all bolt ons, im getting trick flow 215's, electric street pump, ford racing #30 injectors, racetronix pump, yella terra 1.7's, ported fast intake with nw tb, but which cam would work best for my goals? ive been looking at the Vindicator & MS4.
The cam that works best with each different type of head will probably be as different as each type of head.

With that being said I would go with a cam that is already proven to make over 500 RHWP with those heads. The Vindicator, and the East Coast Supercharging cam have both made over 500 RWHP and a couple others have come close (495-498 RWHP).

It seems everyone wants to reinvent the wheel, they call these people pioneers, but remember, pioneers also took arrows in the back, so stick with what works.

My $.02
Old 08-05-2007, 02:57 PM
10 Second Club

99blancoSS,

Your comments are ridiculous and senseless, I could find that funny.

You are spreading all over your lack of knowledge...learn to read a dyno sheet first and come back...

You were speaking of streetability and power between 3000rpm and 4000rpm, and here I come very simply with a request to you to provide dyno charts showing 5% more power than what my combo is putting down...you are not able to provide anything!!!
You are making your point strongly unvalid...

I don't want to teach you anything but the misinformation through your posts above need some accurate correction for the benefit of forum members reading this thread.

-At 3000 rpm my combo is making over 200 rwhp which is 35 rwhp more than a stock ZO6-- 21% in increase power
-At 3500 rpm my combo is making over 240 rwhp which is 35 rwhp more than a stock ZO6-- 17% in increase power
-At 4000 rpm my combo is making ~ 290 rwhp which is 45 rwhp more than a stock ZO6----- 18% in increase power
-At 4500 rpm my combo is making ~ 375 rwhp which is 90 rwhp more than a stock ZO6----- 32% in increase power
-At 5000 rpm my combo is making ~ 425 rwhp which is 105 rwhp more than a stock ZO6---- 33% in increase power
-At 5500 rpm my combo is making ~ 475 rwhp which is 130 rwhp more than a stock ZO6---- 37.5% in increase power

May be you want to convince everyone that a stock ZO6 is not drivable and you want also to convince everyone that 18.66% of increase power between 3000rpm and 4000rpm is making an engine not responding ???

Those are the revs you are defining has beeing used on the street... I personnaly shift rarely over 3500rpm driving in and around town, the torque of this engine is firmly alive here, no surging bicking as shown in the video!!!
And I am cruising at 1800rpm / 6th gear / 77 mph / 28mpg of mileage...everytime I spin over 4000 rpm on street tires second gear I have already almost too much power and make my tire shop happy.
Beetween 3000 rpm and 4000rpm this engine is making an amazing power with a lot of torque which make the car street friendly drivable!!!

If someone can say that I lost power down low versus how a ZO6 is from the factory, or versus any other LS1/LS6 346 Ci. NA it needs to be explained using some magical unrational illogical way of thinking...and there you are!

I am providing facts, numbers, videos and you don't see anything at all, and I am not worried about that in any manner.

One more time, show me some dyno sheets with I don't know what numbers in the lower zone that are higher than tose above and give you "this streetability" that my engine is missing according to your reasoning, it will be interesting.

For an engine builder/tuner increasing only 5% the power between 3000rpm and 4000rpm over the data I am providing will be a strong challenge, doable if you want to shut the power at 5400rpm, but not that easy...and it will never go anywhere over 430 rwhp at 5400rpm on pump gas or be drivable at partial throttle.

Then I will not polemic with you anymore, the readers of this thread have now enough information to make their own judgement on what can be done when a member is asking for power over 500rwhp on a 346 Ci. NA with the streetability on the top of it.

Pleasure to not talk to you anymore.

Christian
Owned. WGAF about low rpm power? Then again I'm an auto.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:59 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

in the modern world, "your ego" can be measure versus the size of your camshaft...
IM SCREWED miami, great setup-im jealous
ps- i luv miami beach/south beach

Quick Reply: so i want over 500 RWHP with a head/cam swap what cam would be best?