Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warhawk block

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default warhawk block

im getting a warhawk ls7x block and building it to the max HP it can handle which world castings says 1500-2000HP. i want to make a 408 low compression since im going to be putting a F1a procharger on it from EPP and there front mount intercooler.

my question is will the ls1x heads fit on the ls7x block? reason i dont want to get the ls7x heads is b/c i want to keep a fair amount of gas milage.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

anyone?
Old 09-20-2007, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

ls1 heads will not fit the ls7 warlock block. and besides if you are going to build that motor to make that kinda horsepower...gas mileage shouldn't even be a factor in my opinion.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by byler900f
ls1 heads will not fit the ls7 warlock block. and besides if you are going to build that motor to make that kinda horsepower...gas mileage shouldn't even be a factor in my opinion.
All LS1/2/6/7 Head are compatible with the Warhawk block, along with all internals. It does however use it's own covers.

If you are going to be pushing the block just get the ls7x heads so you can use the 6 bolts per cylinder.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

im talking about world castings (ls1x and ls7x heads) thats what they call them i know that both use the 6 bolts per cylinder but wondering if the ls1x head will match the ls7x block b/c they did at one point made a ls1x block.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All factory and almost all aftermarket heads should fit the warhawk block with no problem. the tricky part is utilizing the 5th and 6th head bolts. At the moment only World and ETP offer heads to fit that block using all 6 bolts but the 4 stock location bolts will allow the use of heads avaibale from GM to ETP to Trickflow etc etc etc. Both ETP and World offer a very good product.

Don't waste your time with the EPP front mount intercooler its no where near large enough for a f1a prochagrer. You will want to run a 6 inch thick core at those dimensions. the EPP is a 3.5 or 4 inch core. to top it off its not really a great quality core capable of taking big boost from what I have seen. Nice end tanks but the core itself is not that great. Look into a similarly dimensioned Bell or Spearco.

Originally Posted by Disturbed Bird
im getting a warhawk ls7x block and building it to the max HP it can handle which world castings says 1500-2000HP. i want to make a 408 low compression since im going to be putting a F1a procharger on it from EPP and there front mount intercooler.

my question is will the ls1x heads fit on the ls7x block? reason i dont want to get the ls7x heads is b/c i want to keep a fair amount of gas milage.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No problem. A warhawk is a warhawk. the bore sizes can vary greatly however. the big difference in the blocks are bore size and deck height. but all of the heads interchange on all the blocks.

im talking about world castings (ls1x and ls7x heads) thats what they call them i know that both use the 6 bolts per cylinder but wondering if the ls1x head will match the ls7x block b/c they did at one point made a ls1x block.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

alright thanks i really didnt want to have just worldcastings as my only option for heads.

so what do you think would be better heads world castings or ETP?

and where can i find the front mount intercooler your talking about and what do i have to mod to make it fit?

so these intercoolers from EPP are no good?
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=772

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=655

Last edited by Disturbed Bird; 09-20-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would run the warhawk ls7x heads, you can use the stock ls7 rockers and you can also all 6 bolt holes with out any worries or special mods.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The ETP heads are very proven performers. As far as I know the World ls7 head Come rough finished needing valve job and maybe bowl blending. Hopefully MerlinPro will chime in on this.

The EPP intercooler isn't a piece of junk I use the same incooler in lots of applications you can buy them from the supplier EPP buys them from if you check Ebay. Its and SS autochrome or XS power.. I wouldn't recomend it for the boost pressures and volumes an F1A can generate however. To make the F1A really pay off for your application 400+ Ci and some big power I would figure to really get that blower into its happy place will take around 20 psi of boost.

Just sharing some expiernce gleaned from playing with these things.

alright thanks i really didnt want to have just worldcastings as my only option for heads.

so what do you think would be better heads world castings or ETP?

and where can i find the front mount intercooler your talking about and what do i have to mod to make it fit?

so these intercoolers from EPP are no good?
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=772

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=655
Old 09-21-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ETP 4.0 and 4.125 bore Ls7 castings run the stock rockers without a problem. It is imperative to make sure the pushrod preload is correct and that the rocker stand hiehgt is correct. Out of dozens and dozens of sets I have seen I have only seen one set require shimming running something a little more then off the shelf cam,rocker,spring,wise. recently though I think ET improved upon this problem recently. It also varies with valvetrian, springs etc. So what works for me may be different for you.

either way ETP and World make some nice ls7 based castings that flow lots of air.

Better question to the original poster here is what is the goal for the use of the car.

Originally Posted by .ALEX.
i would run the warhawk ls7x heads, you can use the stock ls7 rockers and you can also all 6 bolt holes with out any worries or special mods.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

is there such a thing as "a fair amount of gas mileage" with 1500-2000 supercharged hp???
Old 09-21-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not really. Blower almost double the parasitic losses on the engine at the power level being discussed here. You talking 40-50 hp to motor down the road at 3000 rpm. Thats gonna eat up alot of fuel. I would expect fuel economy with a blower like an F1a or a pullied up D1sc or even a p1sc to be roughly 1/2 to 1/3 what it would be without the blower. Mind you I am not talking about a blower making 7psi. I am talking about a blower making 20+ and making in excess of 700hp at the flywheel.

Originally Posted by LS1TORQ
is there such a thing as "a fair amount of gas mileage" with 1500-2000 supercharged hp???