Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS4 and Yella Terra's...NE Problems??

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MS4 and Yella Terra's...NE Problems??

Hey guys, I noticed while reading a tech write up on ls1howto, it mentioned adding aftermarket rockers to a high lift cam may be dangerous do to the aftermarket rockers increased strength/no flex. Those with the MS4, any problems with aftermarket rockers? namely yella terra's? Thank you
Old 09-24-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99TransAmLS16Spd
Hey guys, I noticed while reading a tech write up on ls1howto, it mentioned adding aftermarket rockers to a high lift cam may be dangerous do to the aftermarket rockers increased strength/no flex. Those with the MS4, any problems with aftermarket rockers? namely yella terra's? Thank you

someone correct me if im wrong but i believe thats just if you are using a higher than stock ration on your rockers. Like if you used 1.8RR's then you wouldnt want a high lift cam, but youd be ok with 1.7RR's.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You should be fine but measure the pushrod length so you have the correct size pushrod for your setup. Other than that no reason not to.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

sounds good guys. I'll call Texas Speed just to make sure. My main concern was accourding to the write up on ls1howto for the yella terra rocker install, they warn that the stock rockers flex when using stiff springs, and should see a 20 thousanths or so gain in lift when switching to a better rocker. IIRC the ptv for the ms4 is only 30 thousanths or so, but that figure is probably when using an aftermarket rocker.